MendMeShop, Infrared Therapy

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Sep 26, 2012.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Anyone done business with this company. These sell a lot of inferno (infra red) supports for back, knees, etc...

They are in Canada so if one has to send things back, it's dealing with sending to Canada.

They have a Back/Hip Inferno Wrap that looks promising for helping with lower back stiffness, etc...getting blood flowing, etc....

These products are somewhat pricey, this one is $187 or so and if it works, great, but if it doesn't help....then dealing with returns....thanks anyone.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2012]
  2. jaminhealth

and with another company...just ordered a scarf which is 14" wide and 33" long...it can be used on all parts of the body, wrapped around back, shoulders, knees, legs etc....it's got the infra red ceramic material thru the product.....

It's suggested for all pain issues fibro, arthritis stiffness, CFS is also mentioned with the Eternity Care Scarf etc...

This is a lesser investment for $70 and we'll see....one can even sleep on top of it and that's what I plan to do and see if stiffness in lower back is reduced.......or wrap it around my lower back....I'll learn to use it and look for subtle improvement, HOPE...
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2012]
  3. jaminhealth

are not found in stores locally...I called our local kinda alternative medical supply store and they have no infra red products....so one has to take a chance, guess it just depends on how pain issues one has and wants to take chances at a fairly reasonably priced product and no side effects.....

Acupuncture is helping and I go today, but it's not the miracle either.....

The older we get the more pain issues one develops.... that hip replacement.....grrrrrrrrr
  4. jaminhealth

millions deal with replacements that give them lifelong trouble....once our body is cut, lights out...never the same...jam
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Implants are foreign objects in our bodies. Some bodies react to that invasion. Jam, I hope you can find something to help.

Love, Mikie
  6. stick2013

stick2013 Member

If I remember correctly you have had a hip replaced, am I right? Have you ever checked online or with the surgeon to see if the hip is one of the ones that has been recalled? Or have you ever gotten a second opinion to see if the new hip was placed properly?

I have known people that have had hips and or knees done, and they are doing great.

Just something you may want to check into.

7. jaminhealth

i'm just left with a lot of other complications, due to back issues too...nerve damage and IT band damage down side of leg, which is also known to happen with these replacements...many do well, and many have issues from them...I've been on a joint replacement board and omg, the issues..... A lot end up with a shorter leg from the replacement, I've dealt with this too. One person called their issues the domino effect..I suppose if one doesn't have OA issues the replacements could be a lot more positive.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2012]
  8. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Was your hip replacement metal on metal, or was it titanium??? The metal on metal ones, have been breaking down and the metal shards are causing pain in some people.

Might be worth finding out if you don't know.
  9. jaminhealth

for the 4th time post op....although as I said the replacement itself is probably OK....it's all the other tissue damage, nerve damage, body shifting, inflammation that is all worse....

Surgery and taking out parts and putting in new parts are almost always left with complications....

Like my right leg is shorter, so maybe a lift would help, but I'll see about that.....thanks..

I have had to do so many protocols in the last 20 months since surgery and spent so much money I never dreamed I would have had to do...it's like I kinda "hate" to go see the surgeon again, as I know what he'll say, **it's your back**....and then I'll have yet another copay to see him again....I'm still paying him for his surgical work almost 2 yrs ago...making payments...jam
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2012]
  10. jaminhealth

of a woman who had to have both hip replacements REMOVED due to infections....she had no hips for some time and was wheelchair bound during this time to get rid of infections..I'd say she's early 50's...young.

So she finally got to the point to get one replaced AGAIN and let that heal for a few months and today she's getting the other one replaced....it's been a nightmare story to follow....
  11. jaminhealth

Prolotex Eternity-Care Far Infrared Scarf wrapped around my waist/LOWER BACK and sleeping all night with this on.

The scarf is used for:
    Neck Pain, Shoulder Muscle Stiffness,
    Sore Ribs, Stomach Cramps, Fibro, Shingles,
    Lyme Disease, CFS, Hypothermia....

My primary use is to REDUCE lower back stiffness...

Time will tell, two nights so far. Some get relief immediately, others can take a few weeks....I'll wait for how ever long it takes....

No discomfort with it and if it WORKS, a true miracle has happened....

During the evening hours, I plan to wrap it around my right leg that has the IT band and nerve damage and OA knee....

This product is made in Canada and not guess where....YEAH......[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2012]
  12. joanierav

joanierav Member

hi jam. stick made some good suggestions. about the metal on metal thing, also about the recall.

can you even trust your surgeon to admit these things to you?

i hope the scarf works for you, and gives you some pain free days.

love, joanie
  13. joanierav

joanierav Member

con't

i would love to sleep on this, as i love heat all over the bod. may go on the site and give a look see. thanks for this info.

joanie