menopause,cfs and fibro .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anj211, Apr 6, 2009.

1. anj211

anj211 New Member

Can anyone tell me if menopause could cause fibro or cfs symptoms or even possibly cause them any info or help from anyone would be appreciated.....
  2. LuvQuilting

LuvQuilting New Member

I'm not sure if it could cause fm/cfs but it sure doesn't help because it just adds more symptoms. Then it's hard to tell them apart and what's causing what. I'm almost 50 and my anxiety and irritability have shot through the roof which doesn't help my other symptoms!
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I don't know that anyone can definitively answer your questions at this time. Some facts to consider:

1) Not all menopausal women have fibro/CFS. Not even the majority of them.

2) Post-menopausal women have the highest rates of fibro, among various female age/hormonal status groups.

3) Many (though not all) women w/fibro find that hormone testing & hormone replacement, if warranted, eases their fibro symptoms. This is true for the entire group of fibro-ettes, in all age groups.

IMO fibro symptoms have a number of potential causes. If your cause relates to hormonal issues, and you fix that, your suffering may decrease.

Impt to note: the hormones involved in fibro are yes, sometimes estrogen. Other times, testosterone, or cortisol, or thyroid hormone. The interaction among the hormones does change at menopause. Sometimes more than one hormone needs replacement.

Best wishes.