menopause effects on fibroymyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisu2, Sep 22, 2005.

1. sisu2

sisu2 New Member

I am 50 and my symptoms have increased dramatically in the last year and a half to two years. I started hormone replacement therapy 3 1/2 months ago, very hopeful that much of my problem was hormone imbalance. Not so. I do see benefits, but my pain and fatigue have not improved. Also, something new...I am getting cramps (spasms) in my feet quite a bit. I used to get one in my arch if I pointed my toe too long, now they happen alot. Also, I take 50 mg of amitriptyline at night, but I'm wondering if anyone has found any new drugs to help. I am considering going back on a daytime antidepressant, but want to see if any new drugs are available and helpful.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am 49 and in peri-menopause and my symptoms have also worsened alot!

I just got my period today and I am totally exhausted, (and I am not a wimp, I used to be the Energizer Bunny)
  3. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

that my symptoms are worse before and during my period, I am 44 and am in peri-menopause,I take welbutrin xl daytime and paxil at night , helps with the depression, I have restless leg syndrome, my pain dr prescribed neurontin, take 900 ml per day, has helped with pain some and has decreased the leg spasms alot.
    Hope this info is some help to you.

Cheers Kathy