menopause ? PLEASE help me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, May 9, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Hi everyone,

I just had a few ?'s about menopause.......

I have not had a period for over 7 months now.....before I stopped having them I had the worst hot flashes in the world ............they woke me up and made my life miserable.

Since I have stopped having my period.....I have not had hot flashes anymore and I do not notice having mood swings, or any other symptoms for that matter.....

Could it be this EASY?

I am wondering if Iam DONE with menopause? Or do you all think I could go back and forth?

I am not complaining but it just seems too good to be true to not have any problems or symptoms?

Also does the fat our tummies store before and during menopause settle down once we are done, or is it here for good?

I would like to think that once we are completly done with menopause the fat may stop accumulating and maybe even disipate a little bit? ( wishful thinking?)

Thank you to any of you who can help me with these ?'s

2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I did have my Dr do a blood test but I always forget to ask him the results....and for some reason he never goes over them unless I ask! "ughhhh"

Iam 50 this year.....both my mom and my sister were done with menopause at age 50 so Iam thinking that Iam done...maybe for once soemthing in my life is going to be fairly easy?

When I was young I had cramps so bad I was in bed for two or three days every month.........I would throw up and cry ...finally after I had my first son the cramps went away....but soon after I began with the migraine headaches that were hormonally connected.......

the headaches have never completly stopped but as my periods have stopped they are much more manageable and fewer of I do hope that since I have suffered all these years that now I finally have some RELIEF!

Thank you Linda for posting to me ;)

3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Mine was surgically induced when I was about 33 years old.

I do use HRT because I STILL get such hot flashes that I cannot exist without the estrogen replacement. I just turned 60 years old.

You are really lucky if that is your full ordeal into post menopause. I'd have the doctor's office look up those blood test results. THAT will tell you whether you have truly finished with menopause.