Menopause

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Aug 12, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am 55 and beginning to think many of my suffering over the past years was from menopause and hormone imbalances. I recently bought a test kit for menopause and it turned out positive.

I wonder if I should ask my doctor for hormones. Does anyone else here take hormones for menopause?
  2. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I started at 48 now 56 I was on hormones for approx 2 yrs still had hot flushes etc the best thing is to talk to your dr at 55 you may be finished.
    Linda
  3. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I was on HRT Premarin for eight years and went off it fo my own accord. If I had know it came from Pregnant Mares I dont think I would have taken it.

I am now on Herbs Sage and Black Cohosh for Menapausal sweats and they seem to be working.

Soya and Red Clover also help with Menapause. Cutting down on Caffeine helps to reduce the sweats. There is also an Australian Bush Remedy for Menapause.

If I had my time over again I wold have taken natural remedies for Menapause as the others all contain side effects.

Mary
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Good Morning! I am 49 and have been having a lot of symptoms, too, although am not in full-blown menopause yet. I have taken Estroven, an over-the-counter natural substance, and it helped with hot flashes. I am using a progesterone cream now and really like it. It is on springboard4health.com. Hope this helps!

Blessings, Ann
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks!!! I read that hormone imbalance can cause all sorts of problems and I just think it could have really contributed to my muscle aches.

I am much better these days thank goodness. I am definitely going to discuss this with my doctor.
  6. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

There is a wonderful site called hystersisters that has a tremendous amount of information on this subject.