Mental Eval. Finally Over, WHEW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 14, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Well, I was still very nervous this morning about the evaluation but I suppose that was normal.

I DO want to thank ALL of you that responded to my post. The responses were very helpful and believe me, most of them were indeed along the same line as what I had to go through.

I'm not sure how I did and will probably get denied but then, as we all know, I'll appeal and continue for the ALJ. Then, I'll be looking up information on that but now, I know it's already on here in a lot of the posts.

I was asked to repeat numbers backwards, that he said first. I did the 3 numbers but got lost on the longer ones. Was first told to remember 3 words and he would ask me what they were later. (Remembered the first one, but not the last two). Oh, first was the history part which my mother took me and she was in on that part. Then, last, we talked about the depression.

The bad part was I forgot to tell him of all of my illnesses, which he did ask me. Just too much to remember. I suppose SSD already knows. It took about an hour total.

I hope I, in return, am helping everyone I can on this board as best I can. I just don't think I have the knowledge that most all of you have. But if I do, I'll try to respond as I know how much it means to get responses, especially when we're worried about things.

Bless You All,

BlueSky555
  2. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I didn't see this post and actually just asked how you did w/ your appt. on your prior post.

Anyway, I'm sure you're happy that's over with!!!! Try to just relax and let go for a while, at least until you find out the outcome.

I wish I could remember my process more so I could be of more help. It was so long ago, I can't remember the time frames of each step.

I will put in on my prayer list :)

scapper
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I just responded on the other post so you can read it there.

I appreciate being put on your prayer list; that makes me feel even better.

God Bless You,

BlueSky555
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm glad your appt. has concluded. Now you can relax for
    awhile and enjoy being free of the anxiety. You most like-
    ly won't hear from SS for 4 to 6 weeks. It always seems
    as if it's "hurry up and wait". Just stay with it as we
    are with you!!

All the best,
    MRDAD
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

It sounds like you did just fine and you can likely fill in the blanks (example, all of your illnesses) at some point in the future. God bless, Anne Theresa
  6. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

Whew! I know you are relieved your evaluation is over. I hope you did well enough for you to have a positive notification from SSDI.

I think back on my evaluation many times. I have come to the conclusion that the only way I would have won my SSDI case was if I had come into the psych's office demented or not been able to do any of the tasks asked of me. I was honest about my answers and thought I had done really bad on the questions; however, I did get some right and was able to remember part of the story, just not all of it.

That's water under the bridge now-what's done is done and I can't be bothered trying to figure out what their criteria was. I can only move forward and await the decision on my reconsideration (which I'm sure I'll be denied like most people are at this stage) and if I am turned down again, I'll concentrate on the ALJ stage, which I feel very confident I will win.

Good luck and let us know soon's you find out the results.

donna
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i got approved on the intial phase...

he ased me to count backwards from i three's .then we went into the sexula molestation and parents and divorce...he asked me which was worse for me..

i ythought that is comparing apples to orange..

worst is over for you now..

jodie

[ advertisement ]