menuka honey?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simpsons, Apr 18, 2009.

1. simpsons

simpsons Member

has anyone tried this honey from new zealand. it,s supposed to have lab tested anti bacterial properties, and be good for boosting the immune system.

i would be interested to hear any thoughts anyone may have. i,m a great believer in supporting the body with healing foods and herbs. i find echinacea very helpful in pulling me out of a relapse, and try to eat lots of onions to help fight infections, and wondered if anyone thought this may also help my immune system, or had tried it and found it helpful?
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I've tried it before, however, healthwise, I didn't notice any difference. It is used in hospitals in New Zealand and London, England, for skin infections and has a very high success rate.

You want to be sure to purchase "active" Manuka honey. The higher the UMF, the better. Also the more expensive. And I do mean expensive.
  3. panthere

panthere Member

I have used it but it made no difference in how i feel. It's supposed to be very good. Make sure to buy organic! I know bee polen is also great as anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory. You have to keep it in the fridge though.
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Bee Pollen never seemed to do anything for me, even though I used to keep buying it. Royal Bee Jelly did clear my head of the brain fog, but it did nothing for my energy levels.

Never tried the Manuka.