Meowchowchow - FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntyemnga, Oct 24, 2005.

1. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

There's no need to be nervous on Wednesday. Everybody has been nice and friendly. Here are a few tips for your 1st appointment (they helped me): 1. If you have any questions, write them down and take them with you. Dr. Bullington might not be able to give you answers on this visit but as treatment progressess you'll be able to refer back to them & get answers at that time. 2. If you don't understand something, ask questions. 3. Take Notes! 4. Keep an open mind.
    I jumped right in and started the IV treatments. I figured I'd been sick for so long that I was jumping in with both feet. It's only been 3 weeks so I'm starting to get anxious for my blood work results. I only went for an IV treatment today. I don't go back for a doctor visit until 11/7.
    Take care and let us know how your appointment goes!
    Sheila
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Drink lots and lots of water the day of your appointment. You have to fast for the labs but if you don't drink enough water, you will be dehydrated and it will be harder to get your veins to pop for blood draw and IV.

Also take a sweater, it can be pretty cold in there. They have blankets too. And you may want to bring a snack. They have nuts, prtzels and such but you may need something more!

Good luck, you will love it there. It is unlike any Dr office I have ever been to. So nice and they will explain anything to you, you can also call anytime!!

Dani
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I've asked this question before, but no one seems to answer it. Can you, please? Marie
  4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

That makes me feel a little less scared! I guess I've just had so many disappointing dr's appts I don't want to be set up for another disappointment. I'm really looking forward to getting some help though.

Sheila - did the IV make you feeel bad after?

Thanks,
    Meow
  5. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

I was very nervous too going into my appt. We are all so used to be treated poorly or not at all that we fear getting our hopes up.

But don't fear my 1st visit was a wonderful experience. when you walk in the door you already know that everyone, nurse, lvn, doc, everyone, knows you have legitimate health problems. It is so refreshing!

Ok, so the IV i got was the Standard Nutritional IV w/ Back/Mucsle Pain IV added to it.

The standard had MAgnesium, calcium, ascorbic acid(vit C), Vit B6, vit B12, AMP, Procaine, B complex, Acetyl-L-carnitine, & glutathione. With the Additional Pain IV it added LIdocaine(yeah!), DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) & colchicine.

Ihad a wonderful reaction to the IV treatment. I felt an improvement for a solid 7-9 days. Thinking about getting them more frequently. I just had that 1st one.

Sorry this is so rushed, I'm on my way out to work, just thought I'd share what info I had.

Good luck & God Bless!
    Jen
  6. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks guys...the reason I'm asking about the IV is I seem to recall someone on here saying they felt sicker for a week after the IV before it started to help and I just can't risk being in bed for a week right now. Too much going on

Meow
  7. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

bump for reply...thanks!
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Since you've been asking about the IVs I'll just share my experience.

My first IV therapy was with my ND, before I knew about the FFCs. I did not have a good experience with this one, difficult going in, and I was sick for a week. However, this IV had a lot of vitamins in it, and apparently that did not do well for me. Needless to say, I never had this type of IV since.

Then I started going to the FFC. I was nervous about trying the IV that the Dr. there suggested, and explained about my first IV experience. So she suggested the Oxidatative IV for me, and did not believe I would have a problem with it. As I recall it had hydrogen peroxide, DMSO, and magnesium. The Oxidative IV was administered with not a single problem, very comfortable going in, and it helped me greatly! It completely eliminated any pain and joint stiffness, and increased my energy and mental functioing. It was great! The effect lasted 3 weeks.

I did have a second one, it also helped, the effects lasted 1 week. I was sorry to learn that the FFC had discontinued the Oxidative IV due to some problem they are having with the supplier.

So, the third time I went to the FFC for the IV therapy, they suggested the Superviral IV. This is made up of licorice and glutathione, I think. It is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory. They have had a lot of success with patients using this. For me, if it helped me, well, I just didn't notice any change. That's not to say it didn't kill of some of the bad guys, just that I couldn't tell the difference.

I think with this IV, and maybe the others, that having them on a regular basis, say weekly, for awhile, would give the greatest benefit. Since I cannot afford that, I'll just do it when I can.

Also, since we are all so different and have different needs, I think that we will all respond differently to the IVs. And since for the most part they are helpful, I think it's worthwhile to find out which one could be helpful.

Good luck with the IVs and all of your treatment. Also, have you done a search here on IVs? You can search for back posts of people's experiences and the types of IVs, too.

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  9. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks, Hopeful! Another question...I know I can't eat, but can I have coffee? I have an afternoon appt and they said I could have a lite breakfast but I forgot to ask about coffee.

Thanks,
    Meow