Mercury and Amalgam Fillings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Jan 28, 2006.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Has anyone had their amalgam fillings removed? And if so, did you find it to be helpful?

I have a mouth full of silver fillings and have been reading about the toxicity associated with them.

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

have enough Mercury in there to hurt you. Some other "experts" insist they do. I just read on an FM site, maybe
    that Bush lady's site, that there is now proof that an ingredient in the
    tooth cappings and other dental repair has a form of plastic that is
    definitely cancer causing. So what do we do, pull all our teeth? They still use Mercury in many vaccinations, and definitely in the flu vaccines (I wrote the FDA and asked). They said they also use Formeldehyde in the flu
    vaccine.

So I think it's hard to avoid getting some of this sort of thing in our systems. It's in carpeting (formeldehyde), wall paneling, some paint and lots of things we use daily. I had exrays done at a Chiro's office and a white spot about the size of a pea showed up deep inside
    my buttock. He sent the exray to a
    radiologist friend who said "Oh that's just some residual Mercury from an old vaccination or shot of "some" kind. What are you going to do?

The bad plastic article I read said
    that it's in hard plastic eating utensils, styrofoam cups, cars, some
    containers, like the lining of canned foods. Hopefully they'll stop using it now that they know but??who knows.

Same that they came out on the news yesterday that an ingredient in Teflon is cancer causing..AFTER we've all probably eaten a ton of it when it chips off the pans..as well as it says it leaches out into food. I always did think if a heated Teflon pan fumes will kill a bird we should
    not be using it, but I didn't stop.
    Now I'm restocking all the iron skillets etc I disposed of years ago.
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I had horrible teeth in my 20s - now 48 - and will probably always wonder if my mouthful of amalgam fillings had something to do with the FM. I wish I'd just had them all pulled and got dentures.

I have read that having them removed is actually worse as it gets into the air, so who knows. And then there is the expense and discomfort. Of course, the dentist says that has nothing to do with it, but why don't they use them anymore then?

Hmmmmm...

Sue from Ontario
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I had mine removed last winter/spring. The post removal detoxing is important and takes several months ( or longer). I am just now starting to feel better. I went to a Dentist who specializes in this. My Dentist said it wouldn't help too but my Doctor encouraged me to do it.

I think it is a piece of the puzzle but certainly not the whole answer. My mercury levels were high and maybe that is a factor, get tested first. All that said, we are all different and may respond differently.

Kathy. I'm from Ontario too!
  5. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

What test is best for mercury levels? Blood test?
  6. sdown

sdown New Member

Definitely a good idea to remove fillings. Mercury is one of the most toxic substances known to man. You don't want that stuff in your mouth. My doc said mercury makes you sick, get those things out ASAP. So I went to an experienced dentist and had them removed. Then my doc put me thru DMPS treatments (its a type of chelation). Definitely helped with the brain fog. I went thru about 6 DMPS treatments. Each treatment I had an improvement with my brain fog. Now doc has me on chlorella to detox the metals. Its always something I'll battle with, you know the brain fog but its definitely better. My doc also put me on neurontin for 4 years. Im slowly coming off the neurontin now. Doc had me on it for lack of concentration and focusing.
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

My test was a DMPS challenge test. I had an IV dose of DMPS and then there was a urine collection after that.

Kathy.