Mercury Fillings Removal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, Feb 10, 2009.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Has anyone done this? Have you followed a particular detox protocol or no? Has it helped?
    I only have two fillings but I think every little thing can help.
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

I had mine replaced merely because the dentist said the old amalgam ones were worn out. I had them replaced with porcelin. Firstly, it had no impact on my ongoing problems. Second, the amalgam fillings were much more comfortable. I regret not having them replaced with mercury amalgam fillings.

My brother in law had his replaced on the advice of a naturopathic doctor to help with his pain issues. After many thousands of dollars and grief, he came to the conclusion that the replacements did no good but to wildly enrich the dentist.

Good luck!
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Over the years, on many different health discussion boards, I have heard people say over and over again that they didn't get any improvements in their health from having their amalgam fillings removed. Now if you only have two fillings, you probably don't have much to lose financially to get the fillings replaced. For someone with a mouth full, it probably isn't worth it.
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I had to have them done because my old fillings were breaking the teeth. After years, the teeth broke down from the large fillings.

I have had porcelain onlays put on the molars. I don't have the sensitivity anymore and can eat what I want without the pain and teeth chipping.

As far as helping the CFS/FMS, I don't know. It may have. I was doing different things so I can't say for sure. But, my quality of life did get better with having my teeth restored.