Mercury free dentist UK - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zoster, Aug 28, 2008.

1. zoster

zoster New Member

Hello everyone,

Well I've decided to take the plunge and get my fillings replaced after my high mercury result.

I'm just browsing the list of Mercury free dentists here in the UK - does anyone have any personal recommendations of a good dentist in central England or someone they have heard good (or bad!) things about?

They seem to vary a bit in how they do things.

with thanks and best wishes to you all
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  2. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi Zoster - good for you!

I don't know of a dentist in UK but have heard of Levison I think who has had good reports but I don't know where he is!

I had all mine out at once recently under IV conscious sedation with a Vitamin C IV drip and rubber dam.

I would def recommend the sedation if you want to have them all out in one go, otherwise they have to be taken out in a certain order and appointments spaced out. I guess it depends how many you have.

I am on Andrew Cutler's chelation protocol - I would def recommend ordering the book Amalgam illness by Andrew Cutler - there's so much info in there and also what supplements to take, I've learnt a lot from that generally as well as just mercury. I am also a member of the yahoo low dose frequent oral chelation group.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Zoster

Good luck. I had most of my amalgams removed incorrectly; eventually my own dentist read up on the protocol, borrowed some equipment, and completed the task himself.

This all happened years ago. A UK based patient support group is probably the best source of dentists who follow the correct procedure; it's important this is followed to the letter. Yes there are variations on how the amlagams are removed; so it's no different than many any procedures.

Jofms migh be referring to the late Jack Leveson wo authored "Menace in the Mouth?" Dr. Jack Levenson was the President of the British Association of Mercury-Free Dentistry and was one of the world's foremost authorities on this subject.

I had been referred to Jack Leveson by a doctor who used Biolab for some of his testing because he felt confident Dr Leveson would make the right recommendations. Not everyone was advised to have their amalgams removed.

Back in those days programmes to help excrete the mercury were not as good as they are now; this is really important since disturbing amalgams, especially when done without adequate care, can increase the toxic load.

Some of Rich's posts include info on mercury; you might like to see whether you feel ensuring your methylation pathways are working optimally before embarking on having your amalgams removed will help ensure a good outcome.

tc, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  4. zoster

zoster New Member

Cheers JoFMS and Tansy,

I've got some info from a few Mercury free Dentists so ploughing through it now.

It's very strange I have such a high mercury level as I only have two tiny fillings but at least it should be straighfoward getting them changed. I do wonder if it came from elsewhere or as you say Tansy my detox isn't up to par.

The tests I have seem to show a problem with low aminos and that I need lipoic acid - both needed for detox but I've been on them for a while with no improvement, the methylation vits appear fine but I'm adding them in anyway to be sure. I'm figuring get the fillings done and then I know there's no more coming from them.

Feeling a tad rough at the present - maybe because I started Diflucan.

I really hope I'm on the right track with all this. Dr Myhill has recommended I get my allergies treated with EPD too. Lots to do!

Take good care