Mercury Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lcb212, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member

    Did anyone else play with (or touch) Mercury as
    a child?
    My sister 58 and myself 56 were finally diagnosed
    with cfs almost 3 yrs ago,after many years of thinking we were crazy,we helped our grandmother polish silver with mercury as small children!
  2. sydneysider

    sydneysider Member

    If you're worried that you have mercury poisoning, then ask your doctor to be tested.

    I guess many of us have been exposed to different chemicals,however I don't think that there has been any confirmed evidence that CFS/FM are caused from this, although I realise that there are people on this board who believe there is a connection.

    I wander, how was your grandmothers health? She probably would of used the polish most? Are you sure that the polish contained murcury?
  3. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member

    It was not a polish!
    It was quick silver/mercury kept in a glass tube
    in the silver drawer.
    My grandmother died from a brain tumor in 1980.
    we spent many hours playing with it, sure shined dimes
    up real pretty. Like so many things the dangers were
    not known, and we were to always wash our hands when
    we were thru.
    I plan to contact my DR about the testing on Mon.
    Thanks,
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  4. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    to an alternative doctor....some docs may not be familiar with the testing. It should be a urine with provocation test. Good luck! Terri
  5. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member

    Thanks, I will check into that!
  6. carebelle

    carebelle New Member

    at least 10 years ago there were no test to see if you had mercury poison. A homeopathy Doctor told me I had it from symptoms I had. He thought I got it either from fillings I had in Germany or eating fish here in America.

    if you look at my pass post you will find where I talk about it and somewhere I wrote what he treated me with.
    I had large lumps, red itching all over me it took 3 years to find a doctor that could finely help me get rid of it.

    Mercurius viv This is what we used .
    It comes from a homeopathic store.I personally am not saying to take this but go to a Homeopathy/MD Doctor tell him about what I said and ask if you can try it.But do it under a Doctors care.Let me know if anyone tries it and it works. Do Not Do this without a MD supervising or you could make yourself sick .
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  7. s--raquel

    s--raquel New Member

    Wow!! My cousin and I used to break open thermometers and play with the MERCURY in them...

    Our Grandmother was a nurse (and pack-rat)who always had dozens of them laying around...we would sneak them...break them and play with the really cool metal stuff inside...
    MERCURY!!!!

    She was diognosed with fm 6 years ago...me with fm/cfs
    2 years ago...

    Could there really be a link...and if so...is there help?cure for it?!!
    Raquel
  8. Mini4Me

    Mini4Me New Member

    I remember playing with elemental (metal) mercury as a child in the early to mid '50's. We found it in someone's garage and thought it was the coolest stuff we'd ever seen! Got it all over our hands, etc.

    I didn't get fibro until my '40's. My sister, who also played with it got scleraderma a few years ago. Always wondered if there was a link.
    Mini
  9. s--raquel

    s--raquel New Member

  10. bluestanglady

    bluestanglady New Member

    Isn't it mercury fillings we have in our teeth???
  11. s--raquel

    s--raquel New Member

  12. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member



    Please refer to the Oct. 4,2006 issue
    pro-health news letter
    the founder of pro- health speaks
    of his mercury exposure
    this is what brought my attention
    to the possibilty
  13. cobie

    cobie New Member

    You can get a urine test done following a challenge of a heavy metal chelator.[eg DMSA}to see if you have a heavy metal load. There is a lot of information re this subject on ""AUTISM" web sites. cheers
  14. CrymznWych

    CrymznWych New Member

    If I recall correctly, the old fillings had lead in them, not mercury. Although that type of filling material is no longer used, forget how long it's been.
  15. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member

    I am sorry but my info on old fillings
    states mercury was in the filling,
    maybe with lead?
  16. yodasmom

    yodasmom New Member

    There is a lot of info on mercury poisoning on the web. I practiced dental hygiene for 27 years and realloy believe there is a connection to mercury. I had all my fillings replaced a few years ago with multiple vit C infusions. Only have this done with a holistic dentist. I went thru a very bad time and would not recommend it. It was a big stress on my body. Many people get really carried away with this mercury stuff. My advice after years of trial and error is to avoid any mercury (that means no amalgam ..black...fillings), no tuna, and no farmed salmon or swordfish as these hold a lot of mercury in them. Mercury is a big catch 22. to get rid of it may require chelation, IV's and homeopathic tx which most CFS patients cannot handle. Do diet but the rest is tough to handle. I am willing to answer any questions on dentistry and metals if I can. I actually got sick my second year in dentistry. Related???
  17. lv2sing

    lv2sing New Member

    He now is a top selling pharmaceutical rep. A few years back, his wife accidently broke a mercury thermometer in their bedroom. He made her take everyone out of the house immediately. He wouldn't go back into the room until he had a hazmat uniform on. He said only a few specks of that mercury is enough to fill the air w/ enough toxins to cause brain damage. Scary, huh? He actually cut up the carpet where all the mercury fell, and used special gloves to pick up the little balls. He left the windows open all day & night, & wouldn't let anyone in the room for days. I firmly believe that mercury & other toxins in our environment cause these diseases. I remember being in junior high, & a kid broke a thermometer we were using for tests in science. The teacher actually just told him to walk over & sweep it up w/ a broom & throw it in the trashcan. By then, the toxins were all over that room, obviously w/out her knowing it! (Makes me wonder where she went to school). Thank goodness they are banned today. But when I called my local health dept a few yrs back to see how to dispose of mine, they had no clue. (We're in a small town). They actually told me to wrap it several times in newspaper & let the trashmen take it to the dump, where it will "sit" in the landfill......
  18. lcb212

    lcb212 New Member


    We recently had a house in my small town condemed
    because of a broken thermometer