Mercury poisoning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by umavenus, Oct 2, 2002.

1. umavenus

umavenus New Member

Hi, I have CFS and have been looking for causes, since my eldest child became unwell with CFS before her 16th birthday.
    I had a lot of amalgated mercury fillings as a child. My dentist assures me this isn't the problem! We live in the UK.
  2. umavenus

umavenus New Member

Hi, I have CFS and have been looking for causes, since my eldest child became unwell with CFS before her 16th birthday.
    I had a lot of amalgated mercury fillings as a child. My dentist assures me this isn't the problem! We live in the UK.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had a lot of discussion here regarding amalgam fillings and whether or not they cause mercury poisoning. There seems to be no consensus on the issue. You can bring up all the old posts by using the search feature on this board. There are a lot of people who have had bad experiences with root canals, but I have three of them without problems. I think it depends on the skill of the dentist. My dentist will not do root canals on molars, so he referred me to an endodontist who was fast, painless, and very complete.

I did have my fillings removed, but I noticed no difference in how I felt. Years ago, I did have huge fillings in my molars, but they have been replaced with crowns. I do watch what I eat and do not often eat shell fish or tuna which may have high mercury content.

Love, Mikie