Mercury toxicity

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Canoebabe, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Canoebabe

Canoebabe New Member

This is my first post, so hi to everyone! I have had FMS for over 20 years. Recently, I went to an osteopath in hopes of trying the Meyers cocktail, but after doing a lot of muscle testing he told me he didn't think it would help me and that my body was responding to all the fillings I have. He has referred me to a dentist that believes in mercury toxicity and I have an appointment next week. I'm just wondering if anyone has had all their fillings replaced or knows anyone who has had it done with successful results. I'm very confused about what to do and know this is a controversial subject in the medical community. Thanks for your input.
    Sue in Idaho
  2. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Dear Sue,

I know three women who've had all their fillings removed. However, you should make sure to have chelation therapy. Usually the dentist will remove the old fillings from one-quarter of your mouth at a time; after each session with him, you'll get the chelation therapy done. Naturopaths usually do this; get one who's done it before. There's lots of info on the web, unles you're reading dental assoc. sites in whic case they're in complete denial that putting toxic poison in your mouth can cause a single problem :)
  3. Canoebabe

Canoebabe New Member

Did those three women get relief from their symptoms? Did they think it was worth the expense? I know the osteopath I'm seeing does the chelation therapy. Thanks for your reply :)
  4. tamsyn

tamsyn Member

Hi again, yes, the women felt it was worth it; one had no symptoms and had it done as a prevention; one had symptoms and did see improvement; one is just in process and it's too soon to tell.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I had my fillings replaced last spring. I was tested for Mercury and my levels were high. I had a lot of old fillings and some were leaking. I really needed to get them done.
    I am still in the detoxing phase but have seen a small improvement. It really feels like I did the right thing for me.
    I know it is a tough decision and at first I didn't want to. I took my time and did the research and talked to my Doctor and Dentist. You don't have to make a quick decision; take all the time you need.

Good Luck

Kathy.
  6. terra329

terra329 New Member

Soon after I was DX I heard about the mercury toxicity and my dentist had no problem removing old fillings and replacing them. He was not very up to date with the protection he should have taken while doing the procudure and I got sicker! That was 9 years ago and I am still sick so I don't know about the whole thing. My parents are healthy and still have their mercury fillings. Hmmm. I just went to a new dentist the other day and she said now the filings have to be bio compatable with you. She wanted me to take a $250.00 blood test to find out - don't have the $ so I have to go with the general white stuff. So I really am not sure about the whole deal it did not seem to work for me so far.
  7. Defibro

Defibro New Member

I had my gold filling for at least 20 years, and still showed border line on mercury. Took the DMSA pills p'd a lot and got tested, it showed very high on mercury, and high on lead, apparently the DMSA pills extracted the metals..

Now the Dr. wants me to take twice a week the DMSA pills for 5 month, although he Rx'd it fr 2 month,I think retest...

The question is where I am getting this mercury from?
    The only thing I can think , of is fish (once a week, a piece of Salmon, Hallibut, or dover!), could that be it?Anyone with a clue? Thanks, Defibro
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for my 18 year old son with CFIDS. The dentist used good precautions at our first appointment, then I trusted him at the second appt. and he wasn't as careful....bad bad! But I think we did the right thing, from everything I've read. Mercury can only prevent you from getting better. Look up more info on the DAMS website and also look up IAOMT. You'll find some testimonials from people who've had it done.