Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

We still say Merry Christmas (Xmas) over here in UK and I hope we always do. The PC people are on our tail though, suggesting that our 'Christmas' will offend people of other faiths.

Thing is it's not the people of other faiths who are complaining - they're quite happy for us to carry out our festivities and many even join in.

I hope you all have a very nice time with your loved ones, lots of goodies to eat and some energy to see the day through.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I notice in novels set in the UK, people often say "Happy Christmas" rather than "Merry Christmas". Is that the case in Scotland?

In Norge they say "God Jul og Nodt Nyttar!"

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes we say that but lots of people saying Merry these days.

Yes I wonder why Paul stopped coming on the board too, he was fun and a really nice person.

4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Same to you sweetie, I pray and wish that we all will be able to have just at least 1 day (Dec 25) without pain and that we all can spend it with our family..I love you all my brothers and sisters on this board! you all are my steppingstone.

Love to all, Ann
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At work, we say, "Happy Holidays," but if someone wishes me a Merry Christmas, I wish them one also. It feels good to be able to say it.

I even had a customer give me a big hug out in the parking lot the other day. So many of our older customers don't get much of a human touch. We try to spoil them when they come in.

Love, Mikie
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Oh Mikie, That was such a great story about the hug!!

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!!!
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Rosie Dear! and Everyone! i hope it's good for all of us!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

When I worked years ago I would say Season's Greetings when I answered the phones. I worked for the most wonderful Jewish family. They liked that one, so I did it for 5 years!

Thank all of you here for just being here and allowing me to share my good times right now. My bad holidays out weigh my good ones many times over.

So we should all just live in the moment and enjoy today, we do not know what tomorrow brings but I hope it is all good for all of us- Merry Christmas-Carla

9. victoria

victoria New Member

This time of year with all its expectations of 'shoulds' can be rough on any of us, unexpectedly........

Hope all that are near and dear to each of us, including ourselves, have a wonderful & peaceful holiday!

all the best,

10. tansy

tansy New Member

whatever your faith.

Rosie this is yet another example of PC gone mad; my Hindu and Muslim neighbours have no problems with Christmas and I get the added bonus of an insight into their religious celebrations and practices.

TC, Tansy
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

y prospero ano y felicidad!

12. laceymae

laceymae New Member

A very Merry Christmas to you and all of yours.

To everyone matter how you spend the day...make it a special one.

hugs to all...
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Even though it's the 26th- I still celebrate Christmas up until the 1st, then it's back to work on the 2nd. Rosie, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!