Merry Christmas from my house to yours...New Pic!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Dec 25, 2005.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Everyone...

Hope you made some special memories today ar found the peace you so deserve...

I thought I would post a new pic in my profile, of course it's of my BOYS...

They have been busy playing with their new toys from Santa and begging for ham (which they cannot have, they got veggies tho)

Hubby got his tiny hiny in the pic, looks like a pillow or something but I thought I would bring it up cause he is still behind me on the floor flipping CD's he got me for Christmas...All 70's and 80's funky disco...Ya know the songs that made you move your rear end way back when we could...He knows it's the only thing that helps me dismiss the pain if just for a 3-minute song...

OKay, he is now blasting Rick James' GIVE IT TO ME BABY, now tell me if you could keep still...

Again, hope you had some good times today, esp. with family and friends...Love, Alicia
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:
    I know what a comfort they can be. They understand everything and never judge. I missed your husand in the pic, but love music of the time.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

Your boys are quite handsome! My good friend and former boss just lost her yellow Lab to cancer right before Christmas. They were inseperable for 12 years. It's a tough Christmas for her.

I have two Pembrokes (Welsh Corgis) and they are literally what keeps me sane through trying times here.

Did you say in your other post it was positively Crohn's? As you might recall I am fighting Crohn's too. I take Prednisone and 6-MP. The 6-MP is making some of my hair fall out. Some days I am tired of it all, having FM and Crohn's too. I just try and keep my head up and keep a positive attitude and get on with it.

Merry Christmas to you!

Michelle
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Right after the colonoscopy last Wednesday, the doc came in told me where the disease was (I have had UC for 10 years so I was familiar with this ordeal), down the two sides but NOT in the mid-section...When I questioned if it looked like cancer, he came back at me with Crohn's...Prescribed prednisone 40mg in AM and Cipro 250mg 2x daily...

I am feeling worse than before, abdomen still swelling and sharp pains under both ribs and I feel like I am bleeding inside...Still have blood in BM too...

I hate drugs and the damage they do and don't feel that the risks EVER outweigh the benefits esp. with prednisone when there are other things to utilize...I will be calling tomorrow to get weaned off and to light a fire under whomever is doing the biopsies...This does not feel like a UC flare NOR does it feel like it could be Crohn's and the symptoms I have sure don't fit with Crohn's on any research site I've seen...

I see your on pred and the mp6...I want to look into that mp6...I also want to be tested for the MAP bacteria that is so prevalant in this but as I understand it, the labs do not do the proper testing for it and you must request a special bacteria workup only done by certain labs...I'm sure one of them is not in Maine...We are lucky we have cars here, it's so primitive...Sorry for the crack, but that's the way I see it being from NY, we lack much here, esp. in health care...

I remember your posts before about having Crohn's...I will look for more from you as well, we may just help one another...

Yikes, getting very dizzy, gonna end for now...Keep watching for my posts, I'll do the same...Thanks for writing~Alicia
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi again Michelle,

Just a quick note to thank you for your response on the mp6 and also let you know my experience with Asacol...

Whe I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 1995, they started me on Asacol...I had some side effects such as bloating, muddy burgundy stool and headaches as well as eye problems, fatigue and joint pain but then again I wasn't yet diagnosed with FMS/CF/OA...I stayed on it (on and off) for 10 years...It is quite expensive at $200 month for about 6 tabs a day but if it puts you in remission of course it's worth it...

It is what is considered a topical drug in whcih it dissolves in the intestine and you must have your kidneys checked every few months or so...

My beef with this drug or any for that matter is with IBD esp. if there is no known CAUSE or CURE how can they keep manufacturing and prescribing meds that alleviate the symptoms, something I debate with my gastro constantly...

The last time I took the Asacol was in November, did not stop the bleeding this time and actually swelled me up more and the bleeding looked older, like it was higher up...

I am sorry it has affected other organs as well for you...I have always dreaded the eye issues and of course it affecting the other organs but I supposedly only have my SI joint arthritis thanks to the IBD...

I hope you can use Asacol and you get healthier with it, it worked for me and apparently many others...If you google Asacol complaints or side-effects, there are studies on boards that list who took them and how their experiences were...I did it the other day and many users were overall happy and in remission...

Good Luck Hon!
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Thanks for sharing your experience about the Asacol! Maybe he won't put me on it since I seem to be doing pretty well on the 6-MP. He said he hasn't started the Asacol yet because I'm still prednisone dependent, and I guess Asacol and pred don't mix well together.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Keep in touch.

Michelle