Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Blessed, Kwanza...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

and all the best for whatever holiday season y'all celebrate. I also want to wish everyone a very happy New Year. I pray for us all but at this time of year, I always pray that the New Year brings us all better health, happiness and financial comfort.

We come from diverse cultures and religious orientations but we are all children of God. Our illneses bring us together to comfort one another and love each other. You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day. Our members are kind and generous and I send everyone warm hugs.

Love, Mikie
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wishing you and everybody beautiful and blessed holidays this year! Yes, the Solstice bringing increased light back into our lives, Hannukah which started yesterday, Christmas soon to come and Kwanza, which is now intriguing me to learn more about.

Mikie - thank you so much for your prayers for all of us! To me prayer is as essential as nourishing food, and clean, clear water. A bringer of increased life.

I love the richness of sharing that has been here for so many years - the privelege of receiving the deepest beliefs that people have shared.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts. Prayer and nature go together so effortlessly. I like to pray when looking out my sliding doors to the little pond out back which is almost like a nature preserve. In FL, we don't really get drastic changes of seasonal weather but the changes in the sun's direction are obvious as are the length of the days and nights. We always say we only have two seasons down here: Hot and Hotter :)

When I pray, I talk to God; when I meditate, He talks to me.

Love, Mikie
  4. springwater

springwater Member

Mikie thank you for the lovely wishes.

I wish everyone here a merry Christmas and joyous time.

These days i am talking to God although i rant a lot at Him. hahaha.

Trying to meditate too. But somehow have not been able to hit the zone
    as i used to some years back. those times i used to be ableto sit still for quite a long time, and enter this really wonderful place of tranquility which could then carry over to my real space for at least two three hours. feelings of complete well being and strength.

then situations came up, dads illness, brothers problems nieces bi polar ism
    and my whole system got shook up and i couldnt regain that quietitude.

but, im trying, and heck, theres lots of time.

God Bless All of You. may each of you receive what you aspire to.

May the Universe in its wisdom
    take care of you all

God Bless
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Mikie and all for the sweet and wonderful thoughts to everyone. I don't always check in here but thought I would do so today with it being Christmas Eve. Wanted to wish everyone a wonderful and blessed holiday season, whatever you all celebrate.

Lots of good health to everyone just like Mikie said. Blessings for a wonderful New Year with everything hopefully gotten that is needed.

Spring Water - May you be able to get that time to really be able to meditate and get things in order that you need. I know sometimes ther eis so much going on in ur own worlds it is hard to do that. We all have our worries, I know. I have enough too as do you ALL.

Still have a few things to do before we eat and get to church to get a seat. Not singing at Midnight Mass so I can't sit with the choir. This Mass is at 7 but will get home late enough I am sure. It will seem weird not to be singing.

Sorry I don't get here as often as I should or would like. It is raining here (thank God- finally) but hope it doesn't interrupt the traveling so much. Remember, we all were praying for rain a few months ago? Well, we are still iooking for some. The lakes around here are very dry still but the trees and such are happy getting at lesat some.

Warm hugs all around to everydobby !!
    Love,
    Granni

6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Merry Christmas! Have to let everyone know that I am thinking of you, praying for you. I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Love, Cynthia