Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Merry Christmas to all on the board. I hope today brings you peace, joy and hope. I know the holidays are difficult for so many wishing we could do all the things we use to.

But today just enjoy the moments and be thankful for what what we do have. I know some are alone today but reach out to call or email someone to brighten thier day and it will do the same for you.

I know I haven't been around much lately as I am doing pretty good and have been busy getting things done and have been painting and drawing again. I have intentions on coming here to post then my day is over and my "girls" demand my evening-lol.

I miss many of you and think of you often, we are all "family" in some way and I am so glad to know I can come here and be accepted and not judged.

I hope each of you can make the most of the day and are not snowed in or without power, I know many here are in the mid west and got hit hard yesterday.

So Merry Christmas my dear freinds, enjoy doing what ever it is that makes you content. I am stayiing home with my girls and take them for a cart ride and work on a new painting. I was invited to my best freinds house for dinner but I had to work yesterday and tomorrow so needed a day home. Bless you all-Love and hugs-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to see you dropped by. Be sure to give the girls and yourself some
    sort of holiday treat.

I sent two Christmas cards this year and some holiday e mails to those w/
    computers.Today will be a quiet day.

3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

How are you doing? Long time no see/talk/hear, lol.

Yes, I hope everyone a joyous Holiday season!

I want to see some of your paintings, or drawings, but I think that you might not want to post them online. What do you draw and paint?

Miss you!
    Fight :)
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Fight I was replying to your post while you were posting to me-lol.

That is the site to my art and life. We can know post web sites and stuff now, the board really has changed a lot. Now I see you just relpied to me on you post-

Rock -glad you and Gordon are having a quite day, I think Christmas is too commercialized and less is better. WHat is Gordon cooking up for din-din?

I have a pre-cooke Hormel Pot Roast and will fix some instant potatoes and bake my favorite bake and eat bread- it comes in 2 small loaves, I smother it in butter and bake about 10 minutes=hmm it is meal on it's own.

Enjoy your day-Carla
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Fight, Carla has all kinds of wonderful stuff on her site.
    I tried to leave you a message there a couple days ago, Carla.
    No workee.

Had a college roommate who made "Tiffany lamps". One corner of the
    room was all glass and lead, bits and pieces.

Gordon is not fixing anything special for us. But he's making a roast
    and a big vat of pickled vegetables to take to his family gathering.

Speaking of Hormel, the home plant is in the city of Austin,
    the county seat of Mower County in SE Minnesota.
    My brother is a deputy sheriff for the county. I haven't been
    there for 40 years. I am still hoping to get there some day and visit
    the Spam museum.

Your holiday dinner sounds way excellent, Carla.

6. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

LOL! Yes, it was like we were clairvoyant!!! LOL!

Well, I am clairvoyant, or at least everyone is lying to me when they tell me they were just thinking about me before I called, lol.

Pre-cooked is really easy! I could not take on a Christmas dinner. My mother cancelled it, but then she got my brother's wife to cook it. She knew better not to bother asking me because of how sore I've been lately with my pulled stomach muscles, back muscles and my torn ligament in my sternum that still feels like it is healing. Still hurts bad. I could only bake cookies for a few hours, and I am pooped. I have more to bake, but it can wait, as I'm exhausted and sore. Oh yeah, time to take my stupid meds.

Fight :)
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

It is quiet now after everyone has gone. It was over all to fast. Had a nice time but I am pooped after all the food preparation and stuff. The food was all yummy !! There will be some leftovers for tomorrow of shrimp, ham, creamed onions, lots of corn. I made enough for an army. There is also some apple pie. One of our daughters and her family came about an hour or so later than she was going to . So we ate later but we had alot of great talk, food, drink and presents. The kids of course made out like bandits. Our big presents were the computer and the oven. DH also got me some makeup which I knew I was going to get and perfume. The kids gave us some nice pictures of the family, some coffees, I can't think of what elese. However, it was very nice.

Carla - glad you got to pop in again on us and glad all is well. My brain is out of it and so I do not remember all that you said.

Diane - Hi there, have the kitties eaten some of your chickey ?? Glad you are having a good time at home. Were you hoping for a white Christmas. Sorry it turned to rain. Don't remember if you said that it has turned to ice or not. That is not good if it does that. At least you were probably not going anywhere today.

Oh, I got myself a new Family Tree Maker program. DS downhloaded it to my computer. So, if I am gone I may be trying to put some ofmy stuff back on it that I have lost when my computer died. I have so much it is very frustrating.

Hugs to everyone,