Merv1111

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stormy214, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I replied to your post regarding cfs/fm day, but wanted to give this its own thread to make sure you saw it! I just wanted to say hi, and that I was so excited to see that you were from Finland, the land of my heritage!! I am 100% Finnish; my maternal grandparents were Potila/Waara, and my paternal grandparents were Augustson/Korte. Someday, praying that this DARN DISEASE will allow me to, I wish to visit. Anyway, if Finland is as cold as I imagine, I don't know how you stand it! I live in a cold place south of Finland in the U.S., and must spend a few weeks every winter in the very southern regions (my preference is Mexico) just to regain some strength and some sanity. I haven't contacted Oprah, but I have absolutely bombarded Dr. Phil with emails, from every different conduit afforded by his website. We truly need a national podium from which to address the unenlightened people who make our lives difficult! In the meantime, let our "sisu" keep us going!
    Peace!
    Stormy

2. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I replied to your post regarding cfs/fm day, but wanted to give this its own thread to make sure you saw it! I just wanted to say hi, and that I was so excited to see that you were from Finland, the land of my heritage!! I am 100% Finnish; my maternal grandparents were Potila/Waara, and my paternal grandparents were Augustson/Korte. Someday, praying that this DARN DISEASE will allow me to, I wish to visit. Anyway, if Finland is as cold as I imagine, I don't know how you stand it! I live in a cold place south of Finland in the U.S., and must spend a few weeks every winter in the very southern regions (my preference is Mexico) just to regain some strength and some sanity. I haven't contacted Oprah, but I have absolutely bombarded Dr. Phil with emails, from every different conduit afforded by his website. We truly need a national podium from which to address the unenlightened people who make our lives difficult! In the meantime, let our "sisu" keep us going!
    Peace!
    Stormy

3. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

with my mom to find out where they came from. I have the death certificates, but all it says on them is "Finland." I seem to recall that it was somewhere near the Russian border...at least on my mom's side. She said that was why grandpa always used to call me gypsy. I don't get it, but oh well! You can be sure when I plan a trip I will let you know!
    Very nice to meet you!
    Peace,
    Stormy
  4. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I had my first appointment with a counselor just this past week to try to help me come to grips with this DD! It is hard, and that is such a long way to travel for help! My sympathies to you, and I hope you feel better soon! Winter is so hard on us, isn't it? I just HATE it! My mom is still digging through a trunk of papers trying to find out exactly where our family came from. I understand we have only one living relative in Finland, and all I know is her name is Mary. I don't know where she is....how sad! Anyway, my lovable "daughters" (You will note in the picture my human children are all boys) are: Sasha, half husky half yellow lab. She is with with 2 beautiful blue eyes! Annie: Half black lab half rottweiler. Stubborn, but oh-so-loving! And last, be definitely not least, Lucy: 18-yr.old Irish setter. They are my sanity!
    Take care,
    Stormy

p.s. When we visit, it will definitely be summer in Finland! What is the best month?

[ advertisement ]