Message Board Rules?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by roxycat, Nov 10, 2003.

1. roxycat

roxycat New Member

Are we allowed to share or wittness to people on the message boards?Like in the cancer sections ect??
    I would like to encourage others who are not feeling well,
    in the Lord at the same time as share the hope that we all have.Especially to those who may be very very sick?

Blessings,
    Michelle
  2. bakron

bakron New Member

I didn't see anything that would specifically disallow witnessing as a Christian on other Boards; however, in the past, we've been requested to keep comments pertaining to "religion" at the Worship Board. I found the following info that might help regarding what is not allowed"(from the "Messageboard Rules" - top right):

"Talk confronting another’s religious beliefs will not be tolerated."

"We encourage chat rooms & message boards to be used in accordance with each health condition topic. If users desire just to chat about general topics, we recommend the Chitchat rooms & message boards, which is available to meet those needs."

Here is an address that you might e-mail your specific question to: webmaster@prohealthinc.com

I'm sure that either Shirl or Mikie will answer this question as well.

I can't imagine that if you are on another Board and a person really appears to need some spiritual help why it would be a problem to mention that they may want to visit the Worship Board.

Jeannette

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Pro Health created this board for all religions, it not for just Christian's.

As for witnessing on other boards, that would not be acceptable at all.
    Many people who are of a different persuasion would be offended, even if they were very ill. We can't know who would appreciate prayer or a testimony or who would not. Some others have no beliefts at all, and resent others sharing theirs.

You are welcome to invite those to this board for prayer or discussion, but to outright witness to someone I am sure would be frown upon by the Webmasters, but you are welcome to write to ; webmaster@prohealthinc.com and put this question to them.

Hope this helped clear this up for you. I understand how you feel, so a suggestion I would make, is if you see a post that you consider drastic, simply pray for that person yourself, God sees and hears all prayer.

Shalom, Shirl

4. roxycat

roxycat New Member

Thanks for all the replys.
    I will take all the answers you all gave.
    I will pray and if like you said if their is a open door somewhere and God leads me then i will invite someone to the room.Sounds fine to me..
    It was just a thought.A long time ago i used to share in just regualar chat rooms and people would literly cuss me out of the room or argu.So I have grown in Lord since then and am more gentle and wait for God to open the door,although inside i would like to stand on roof top and shout to the world about Jesus.
    Anyhow thanks...I still need to find a time to post on the prayer circle..just need to ask my husband if we are prime time?? i forget..we are in the west coast area..Hope you are all feeling good.I have actually had a couple of decent days lately..Thank God and all of you for praying for me..

God Bless You,
    michelle
    p.s does anyone have a scripture to share this evening?
    i have not checked out the whole message board just on these replys..