Message for Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elvira, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Hey Mikie,

You mentioned in a previous post that you are on the guai therapy. Just curious to know if you're getting better on this protocol or not and how long you've been on it. I don't seem to have the focus to be diligent enough to eliminate all the sals I may have in my home. Just seems like an awful lot to have to go through if it doesn't work, so I was curious to know your experience with it.

Thanks!
    Anita
  2. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Hey Mikie,

You mentioned in a previous post that you are on the guai therapy. Just curious to know if you're getting better on this protocol or not and how long you've been on it. I don't seem to have the focus to be diligent enough to eliminate all the sals I may have in my home. Just seems like an awful lot to have to go through if it doesn't work, so I was curious to know your experience with it.

Thanks!
    Anita
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai has been a God send for me. I've been on it 1 1/2 years. When I started taking it, I was on Morphine for pain and was so Fogged, I could barely walk from one end of my condo to the other. The Guai almost immediately helped my fog. It took a while for it to address the pain and it did cause a couple of Guai flares along the way.

The Guai is a long-term treatment requiring patience and commitment. The good news is that it does offer the possibility of reversing the FMS symptoms. In my case, I believe it has almost reversed them. Unfortunately, I also have CFS and I do suffer from cognitive problems and fatigue. I have some times of near remissions which keep me sane.

Right now, I am on a skin-care regimen with products which contain sals. I am having some pain again. Fortunately, the skin-care treatment will go to twice a week in another three months, so I'm hoping to be able to hold out til then. At that point, the Guai will work on a part-time basis and I hope that will be enough.

Until this new treatment, I didn't have a problem with eliminating sals from my life. I read the book through three times in certain parts before deciding to try the treatment. I eliminated the sals before beginning. Eliminating sals sounds so difficult, but it isn't really.

There are people who try the Guai for a few months and don't notice any big results and give it up. They then say they tried the treatment and it didn't work for them. It can be very tricky getting the dose just right and then, it can take a year or longer before the results are dramatic. It happens slowly over time in most cases.

The good news is that when the phosphates are removed from the soft tissue, the pain and fatigue improve. Left untreated, the phosphates continue to accumulate in the soft tissue causing more and more pain. When the soft tissues are saturated with debris, the body deposits it in the form of crystals in the joints, causing osteoarthritis. I already have the arthritis in my knees and hands, so I wanted to arrest this condition. Once the crystals are deposited in the joints, it is supposed to be irreversible.

My hands and knees are better. I just read about the role thyroid plays in arthritis in the joints and feel that the recent addition of Synthroid may have improved my arthritis pain.

I consider my Guai treatment a great success, but we are all different. I do believe that when people say the Gaui treatment failed, it is because they didn't eliminate the sals, didn't find the appropriate dose, and were impatient for results.

Love, Mikie