Message for pam_d: found some relief from tingling!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marcus1243, Jan 28, 2003.

1. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Hey, Pam -- Hope you read this. I just wanted to let you know that I've found some relief from the burning/tingling sensations and I thought I'd share it with you. My rheumy recommended Aloe Vera 100% stabilized gel as a health drink, based on incredible results they've been having in the rheumy clinic with CFS patients. Now I assumed this was just another 'snake-oil' concoction, but I gave it a try anyway. After 3 weeks, I have no reduction in joint or muscle pain, but the paresthesias, tingling and burning sensations are *completely gone*! It's incredible -- *nothing* has shifted these up until now.
    I have no idea why this is, or even if it's just co-incidence (my rheumy reckons the gel is acting as a potent anti-inflammatory, but even he's not sure) but I thought I'd share it. If it works for you, (I take 20-40ml once in morning, once in evening), then we're onto something!
    It tastes bloody foul by the way. Be ready!
    --marcus
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thanks for the tip---I figure I can suffer through the taste (of course, I'm saying this without ever tasting it!) now where did you get this stuff? At a health food store? I'd love to try it & see if I have the same good experience as you! I have never had anything really work before for these symptoms (magnesium may have helped, but very minimally).

Thanks, Marcus! Let me know where to buy it & I'll try it!

Pam
  3. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

So you wouldn't want to buy it from the same place as me. But you need to look out for '100% stabilized Aloe Vera Gel as a Health Drink'. The vendor is Forever Living products, so you might want to do a web search for them. I'm sure there'll be plenty of US vendors (that's where the plant is harvested). Aloe also contains magnesium btw, so if you're taking mg, you might want to reduce the qnty. Apparently, its the synergy between the different components that make Aloe so effective, but even its proponents don't claim to know how it really works.
    Hope it works for you -- let me know how you get on (took about 3-4 weeks to notice the difference for me.)
    --marcus