Message for sisland

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Apr 7, 2006.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Sisland:

I saw your response to the post about driving and you mentioned how hard it is for you to drive at night. In case you didn't see my response on that other post, I decided to post a message to you separately.

I, too, have this problem with light sensitivity. Headlights were terrible and made it so hard to drive. Someone here suggested yellow glasses and it has definitely helped. I don't do that much night driving anymore, but I do drive to work early in the morning and sometimes it is dark depending on the time of the year. I just keep the yellow glasses in my glove box so they are always handy.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding them in the store. The ones I got were not expensive. Hope this helps.

Ellen
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Bumping. I'm not here on the weekends so bumping it before I leave this website.

Ellen
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello
    So sorry i missed your post about the yellow glasses!! I will definatley look for them!! so sorry to hear that you have to work early mornings!! I worked the 5:30 am to 2pm shift for 6 years as a nurses aide it was so difficult!.................................but yeah my nite driving is limited and difficult also!! thanks again......................Sydney bump
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm so glad you found my message! I don't have to work as early as you used to. My hours are 8-12:30 M-F. Of course in the winter here in Michigan, it is dark in the mornings. What a blessing the yellow glasses have been!

I hope they help you. Good luck.

Ellen
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Was reading your prfile and must tell you that i totally agree about the attitude being the best it can possibly be! and exercising is so very important for me!!...........................................................If i don't i hurt worse! i do alot of stretching and walk at least 6 blocks a day! had to work up to that and am still working on it!..........................................hope you are having a great day!!! sydney
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Sorry I missed your message on Friday, but I don't have a computer at home and must use the one at work when I have a chance. I only work mornings M-F and don't work in the summer. Next Monday is my last day until mid-August!

Yes, I think exercise is crucial to how we feel. I think I would be more disabled than I am if I didn't exercise. Of course I know there are people here who have more health problems and really are unable to exercise.

Well, I have to get back to work. Have a good day!

Ellen