Message for Sue & Others . . . Coral Calcium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jillian40, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Sue -

I read your post, on Coral Calcium, and was trying to reply to it. My computer disconnected momentarily, then when I went to send it, it (your post) got lost. Sorry.

I was just going to tell you that I'm taking Coral Calcium. The brand name isn't as important as the fact that I was looking for a brand that is readily bio-available.
    I've been taking this brand for about 3 weeks. It is a gel like substance in a soft capsule. But have been taking calcium for at least 5 yrs. Have osteoparosis running in my family, so I'm taking a precaution.

Here's my advice to anyone who isn't taking calcium currently. You can buy litmus Ph paper at the Health Food Store, pretty cheap, and test your 1st morning urine or saliva (2 hours after eating ANY food). Normal Ph should be around 7.2/7.4. Many of us, who have an acidosis condition, it will be in the low to mid "6"s. An acidic condition is one that encourages disease and ill health, even encourages cancer to grow more readily. Calcium also helps with things like sleep, esp when taken at bedtime, helps with high blood pressure, as well as other things.

One other thing, when you are choosing a brand of calcium to buy, you can see how readily your brand breaks down in the stomach, by placing one capsule in a glass covered with vinegar. If it isn't mostly dissolved within one hour, then this is how much will be available to your body for use.

Sue, do you know what your Ph is right now? How long have you been on calcium supplements? Give us an update in another week. I'll do the same.

Take Good Care of Yourself, .......... Jillian
  2. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello Sue -

I read your post, on Coral Calcium, and was trying to reply to it. My computer disconnected momentarily, then when I went to send it, it (your post) got lost. Sorry.

I was just going to tell you that I'm taking Coral Calcium. The brand name isn't as important as the fact that I was looking for a brand that is readily bio-available.
    I've been taking this brand for about 3 weeks. It is a gel like substance in a soft capsule. But have been taking calcium for at least 5 yrs. Have osteoparosis running in my family, so I'm taking a precaution.

Here's my advice to anyone who isn't taking calcium currently. You can buy litmus Ph paper at the Health Food Store, pretty cheap, and test your 1st morning urine or saliva (2 hours after eating ANY food). Normal Ph should be around 7.2/7.4. Many of us, who have an acidosis condition, it will be in the low to mid "6"s. An acidic condition is one that encourages disease and ill health, even encourages cancer to grow more readily. Calcium also helps with things like sleep, esp when taken at bedtime, helps with high blood pressure, as well as other things.

One other thing, when you are choosing a brand of calcium to buy, you can see how readily your brand breaks down in the stomach, by placing one capsule in a glass covered with vinegar. If it isn't mostly dissolved within one hour, then this is how much will be available to your body for use.

Sue, do you know what your Ph is right now? How long have you been on calcium supplements? Give us an update in another week. I'll do the same.

Take Good Care of Yourself, .......... Jillian
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

It contains lots of valuable info for those of us on coral calcium. Thought a little bumping might be good for those who missed it.

Thanks a lot, Jillian
    Pepper
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thanks for the post, I have the Coral Calcium and have not tired it yet. I ordered it from the tv commercial along with the books, I also ordered the strips, but the didn't send them.

When I do start taking them, will let you know how I make out. I am a milk drinker, but probably need a little more calcium.

Will also get those test strips too.

I emailed your post to myself, that way I don't forget. It will go on the Fridge where all I need to remember goes!

Thanks again.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The original coral calcium sold in little tea bags which you immerse in water? These are from the area in Japan where they found that people there were healthier.

I was just curious whether there is a difference in types.

Love, Mikie
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m trying the coral calcium also. It`s only been 2 weeks, to early to tell, but my muscles seem alot less cramped up.
    I`ll let you know how it goes.
  7. kay

kay New Member

My husband and I have been taking coral calcium for over 6 months.Afriend of mine called and told me about hearing it on t.v.She had ordered some and had gotton the tape with it and , sent me the tape to listen to and it was excellant. I ordered some and have been taken it since, and feeling better. My husbands ph is 8.0 and me--- i have a long was to go still. I started off taking 3 am and 3 pm then when my ph was up I dropprd back to 2 a day. Not enough so I will bump back up to 6 a day again. I also called for some ph strips. You get it in a roll and it also has a ph chart on the ph dispenser, so you can keep track easier. I dont know if I am allowed to give the phone # to were you order the ph papers on here??? I tried the health food store for papers and t was 5 dollars for 7 strips. This is a roll and you just tare off a piece. I tell you another thing, you will be very regular when it comes to going to the bathroom also!!! The book is very interesting also, but the tape is the BEST. Have a great day:) Linda
  8. sofy

sofy New Member

I am concerned at the mad rush to cure all with coral calcium. If this momentum keeps up what kind of damage to our enviroment will we be causing in order to have the latest and greatest? I have no information that coral or any other calcium is any better or worse for us but I do ask that each of you ask yourselves just how much more calcium made from coral can be for you than from other non destructive sources of the same thing. Sales pitches can be very alluring but in the end you must be able to seperate sales pitch and truth. Saying something doesn't make it true. As a responsible citizen of the earth I ask each of you ask yourselves "Is this doing so much good for me that it is worth the harm I am doing to the natural ecology of the earth" The proven good is still questionable but the enviromental harm is undisputed.
  9. kay

kay New Member

I understand your concern about the enviornment, also. Coral calcium, can be harvested from the land(fossilized coral) or from the ocean bed at the base of the coral reef.Clearly mining has little effect on the enviorment.I can give you a sight to look up if you e- mail me. e- mail under bio! Linda
  10. selma

selma New Member

(((((((((((((BUMP))))))))))))))))))