message from Australia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Sep 10, 2002.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

Hello friends,

Today in Australia we have woken to Sept.11. It was during the evening of the 11th that we watched in horror and disbelief the terrorist attack on New York. It was a day that changed our lives and way of thnking, no matter where we were. On this the 1st Anniversary we are all one together. Our t.v. channels are showing special programs and memorial events are being held. Today my thoughts are with those who lost their loved ones and for the loss that the world has suffered through this horrific event. I have watched with admiration how people have come together and offered each other comfort and help. You can never destroy the human spirit. The terrorists may have hoped to do this but they have united the people more strongly than ever before.

Australia does not feel safe. We are all aware that we could be a target. We have been warned this morning by the American Ambassador not to become too complacent. We are not!

We come to this message board to share our health issues and find an answer. We don't know each other but one important thing stands out - we are all here to ask for help and, more importantly, offer a helping hand to each other. This is what we must keep doing in every way.

My thoughts and prayers are with all.
  2. mellow

mellow New Member

Hello friends,

Today in Australia we have woken to Sept.11. It was during the evening of the 11th that we watched in horror and disbelief the terrorist attack on New York. It was a day that changed our lives and way of thnking, no matter where we were. On this the 1st Anniversary we are all one together. Our t.v. channels are showing special programs and memorial events are being held. Today my thoughts are with those who lost their loved ones and for the loss that the world has suffered through this horrific event. I have watched with admiration how people have come together and offered each other comfort and help. You can never destroy the human spirit. The terrorists may have hoped to do this but they have united the people more strongly than ever before.

Australia does not feel safe. We are all aware that we could be a target. We have been warned this morning by the American Ambassador not to become too complacent. We are not!

We come to this message board to share our health issues and find an answer. We don't know each other but one important thing stands out - we are all here to ask for help and, more importantly, offer a helping hand to each other. This is what we must keep doing in every way.

My thoughts and prayers are with all.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Post Mellow, it is wonderful to know that others have such deep feelings for what happened here on Sept. 11, 2001.

Shalom, Shirl