Message from God at the Social Security office?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 22, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I cried all the way to the office this morning. I felt like an idiot. I woke up and got ready for my meeting. I had an appointment to apply for assistance with my drug program and I cried all the way there. I kept thinking, "I'm supposed to be driving to my really good job, this isn't fair. I had a big pity party for myself. "I have a Master's Degree, I'm a member of Mensa, blah blah blah. I finally stopped crying and sat in the car for a few minutes so I wouldn't look so horrible when I went in. I thought I was over all that but I guess I wasn't. Well, here's what happened. God showed me!

The second lady that came to take my application was in a wheelchair. She had almost no use of her hands (looked like a disability since birth). She typed with a pencil with one of those stick on erasers held barely between her thumb and the rest of her hand. She moved the chair that was on her side of the desk out of the way with her legs while she controlled the wheelchair with her thumb. I swear her shoulder width was about 12" because I assume she really isn't able to move her arms much. I just thought, okay, I get it God - I'm lucky, right? Funny how things work like that, isn't it?
  2. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Always an angel in just the right places huh?
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It came to mind though that some of us want and can work because the disability can be worked around, and some want but can't work, their disability can NOT be worked around.

It is amazing how things come to us just when we need it! You had a special message comin' your way!

Many blessings!