Message From Shirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got this e-mail from Shirl:

Ladies, I made it, so did my childen, all of them.

Was two weeks without power/phone/water/TV,etc. Nasty time for sure, but house is fine, but lots of downed trees.

Phone is only working part-time, so will get back to you when I can.

Thank you for your prayers, don't think I would have weathered this one without them.

Please let those who were concerned on the board know I am alright for me, and PH too.

Will be back as soon as possible. Don't know when.

One of her sons probably has lost his home and he and his son were in the water for days and had to be rescued. It's a miracle that everyone made it OK.

Tomorrow's Prayer Nite will be a night of giving thanks. I'm so choaked up right now and have goose pimples.

Love, Mikie

[This Message was Edited on 09/14/2005]
  2. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Thank you Mikie,

I am so glad to here Shirl and her family are ok.

I will continue to have her and and her family in my prayers.

God bless,

Christina
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that news has made my day.!God has answered our prayers!
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that news has made my day.!God has answered our prayers!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Was that everyone would be praying for her. We had very little time as she was hunkering down before the storm hit. She knows that everyone would be praying for her and hers. Still, I know it will warm her heart to see all the concern here followed by the joy that she and her family are OK. Everyone loves her so.

My heart is lighter today.

Love, Mikie
  6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

know. Few...What a relief to know her and her family are all ok....Prayers are being answered...

Yes Mikie let her know we have been praying for her and family and will continue....

This has made my Evening...

Thanks again so much Mikie for the update...

((((Hugs))))
    Bluerose
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

So happy to know she was able to contact you and let you know she and her family were okay. Thank you for letting us know so quickly. Can't wait until she is able to come back to the group!

Big hugs,
    Faye
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

It was great to see your post. I've been so worried about Shirl and her family. I just bumped the other post - then I saw yours.

Please tell her to email me if she needs anything, and I'll see that she gets it. She has my email address.

Thanks again for keeping the other post bumped and for letting us know that you heard from her.

abbylee
  9. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Yea!! I'm so happy she made it through thus far. I hope the mental and physical stress of this doesn't take a terrible toll on her.

JL

BTW Mikie I got very emotional a little while ago, before I checked the message board......I wasn't sure what it was but now I know, it must have been me hearing the sigh you mentioned earlier :)[This Message was Edited on 09/14/2005]
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you for posting this news. I'm so glad to hear this...so sad about her son's house...but so glad all are alive and well.

Thank you,
    Sue
  11. Bambi

Bambi New Member

for several days, another story, but I missed knowing Shirl was having to deal with this flood and hurricane. I am so happy to hear however that she is alive and well! I will pray that she and her family will come through this in one piece in mind and body. So many have suffered so much and all deserve only the best from here on in.Thank you for posting this! Bambi
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thank you for letting us know Mikie. The news made my day also.

Sandy
  13. orachel

orachel New Member

...but since you all were hoping and praying for her and her family on the boards I've been hoping and praying that Shirl and her family were healthy and reunited (as so many families still have memebers that are lost to each other, just tragic). I'm so glad to hear the blessed news, and if her son's house is the worst personal loss for them then they were blessedly spared.

This is just very good news, and I'm also so relieved for all of you who know Shirl!
  14. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Thank God !!!! I'm so happy our prayers were answered! Glad to hear they are all ok.

Thanks Mikie, for letting us know. If you speak to her or e-mail her please let her know we are still praying for her and her family.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  15. tansy

tansy New Member

it's good to learn Shirl is safe, though I was saddened to read about her son's problems.

My thoughts are with them and all those whose lives were shattered by Katrina.

love, Tansy
  16. nina2

nina2 New Member

What a terrible ordeal to have to go through.
    So happy to hear that Shirl and her family are safe.

I will continue to pray for them all.
    nina
  17. sheried

sheried New Member

I am so glad to know that she and her family are alright.

Mikie, thank you so much for keeping us informed. Like you, I, too, am choked up right now.

We'll keep the prayers going up.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  18. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Mikie, So glad you heard from Shirl. What an ordeal but at least she is fine and her family too which is all that counts.

I had been so worried about her. Everytime I would see pictures of the devastation in New Orleans I would think of her and get choaked up.

What a relief.

Hugs,
    Francey

[This Message was Edited on 09/14/2005]
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you, thank you, for letting us know that Shirl and her family are okay. God Bless them all.

Tears of happiness welling up...

Kim
  20. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thank you Mikie! This is the good news we were waiting for.
    It sounds like some prayers are still needed. It has been a huge ordeal for them all.

Kathy.