Message posting suggestion for everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 20, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I was just wondering if it would be easier for all of us to be specific in ourr title line of our messages as we post a topic?

For instance, not use vague titles such as

"Can you help me"

"New symptom"

"Any one else?"

Instead use specific titles such as:

Support needed, IBS
    or
    Please help with IBS

New symptom, tingling, numbness

Foot asleep at wake up time, anyone else?

Hope I don't offend but I end up opening so many that I would not necessarily just to see what they are, if we title our posts specifically it would be easier for all of us to find the info we want???

Now, Y'all wanna tar & feather me???

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I was just wondering if it would be easier for all of us to be specific in ourr title line of our messages as we post a topic?

For instance, not use vague titles such as

"Can you help me"

"New symptom"

"Any one else?"

Instead use specific titles such as:

Support needed, IBS
    or
    Please help with IBS

New symptom, tingling, numbness

Foot asleep at wake up time, anyone else?

Hope I don't offend but I end up opening so many that I would not necessarily just to see what they are, if we title our posts specifically it would be easier for all of us to find the info we want???

Now, Y'all wanna tar & feather me???

Jaci
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

No tarring and feathering here. I think that you have a valid point and it sounds like a good idea to me. Lets hear what the others think. (Maybe there's enough tar and feathers around for both of us!!??)
    Pepper
  4. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

maybe people would not feel left out so much if we started trying to use more definitive post titles. Right on, Jaci!
  5. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Sounds good to me. I find the posting titles very confusing and I don't need any help. lol

Not me Jaci, I don't wanna tar and feather ya.
    I don't want to tar and feather anybody.

Arlene
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I think you have a good idea. I will try to be more specific when I post a new topic.
    Thanks,
    Kathryn
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I think with all the newbies it's good to remind everyone of this every once in a while. It also helps us not write two almost identical posts. Sometimes I don't open the nonspecific ones because I don't think they would be for me, but at times they are.

Barbara
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our Webmaster once suggested this some time back. It certainly improves the chances of getting more responses when we use concise and specific titles.

Love, Mikie
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I couldn't take it today.

I am just freaked about my dang teeth, my 8yo son's mouth is just non stop today, the dang Giants are losing, (Pitcher Jason Schmidt is from my hometown & I know him & his wife) and my hubby is having a high anxiety day, that is not a good thing with his heart condition, pacemaker & defibrillator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jaci
  10. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I think that is a great idea!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is another day and I will pray that it is a better one for you and your family.
    Ciao 4 now
    Sandy
  11. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

Good morning everyone!!
    I agree with all the above posts..I myself have even probably been guilty of not doing it that way at times..
    It would make things a lot easier..I also agree about the abbreviations..There are still a few, I don't know about..
    Take Care All.........Donna
  12. ladydi

ladydi New Member

I agree,

this also helps when going to the "Search Message"
    box.
    LadyDi