Message to sharondawber

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie41, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I too am on crutches, more for weaknes than for pain relief although my "extra legs" help with that too. Been using them for 6 months. I've been corresponding with craftyjody and phenom about it recently, since they are both crutch-users as well. There aren't too many of us four legged creatures on this board. If you're interested in any of our posts, just search the messages for Jackie41. Meanwhile, if you can get around on crutches, stay out of that wheel chair. your legs will only get weaker. LOL

Jackie
  2. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Jackie,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im loosing the power in my right arm so im not going to be able to use my crutches baecause of this.
    Theres no way ill go back in a wheelchair,im a fighter.
    I saw my new doctor yday & he diagnosed Tennis Elbow so now im back on anti-inflamms 3x a day.
    If its no better i have to have a cortozone injection in my elbow,more pain for me but ill be so grateful if it works.
    Keep in touch & ill let you know how i get on.
    Take care sharon d(UK)
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Jackie,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Im loosing the power in my right arm so im not going to be able to use my crutches baecause of this.
    Theres no way ill go back in a wheelchair,im a fighter.
    I saw my new doctor yday & he diagnosed Tennis Elbow so now im back on anti-inflamms 3x a day.
    If its no better i have to have a cortozone injection in my elbow,more pain for me but ill be so grateful if it works.
    Keep in touch & ill let you know how i get on.
    Take care sharon d(UK)
  4. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Forgive some nosey questions. How long have you used crutches? Is it more for weakness or pain in your legs. Did you use them all the time or just outside the house. Did it take a dreadfullylong time to adjust to having to use them? Hope your elbow gets better soon.
    LOL

Jackie
  5. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Jackie,
    Hope youre coping,right 1st question:
    How long have i used crytches?
    7 years.
    Is it more for weakness or pain?
    Both.
    Do i use them all time or just outside?
    All time.
    Did it take a long time to adjust to using them.
    No it didnt take a long time,my physio said i was a natural on them!
    Its isnt my elbow honey thats hurting its my whole arm,thanks anyway.
    Very gentle snuggles.
    sharon d (UK)
  6. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

Wow! You use them all the time for 7 YRS. I meant the psychological adjustment. I have no problem with them physically since I used to be fairly athletic, but the mental adjustment is hard, especially on the days when I can't walk without them.

LOL

Jackie