Messages From Heaven

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As most of y'all know, I lost my Mother in July from a massive heart attack. I had been praying for her throughout the ordeal in the hospital. When the doctor told me she would not survive, I prayed to Jesus and asked Him to come to get Mom and take her to Heaven with Him. Just before she slipped into the drug-induced coma, she held out her arms as though to greet someone only she could see. The look on her face was one of disbelief and delight; the only word that aptly describes it is rapture. She grabbed my hand and held on tightly until the end, shortly after. I later smiled thinking that whatever she saw was so beautiful that she was trying to take me with her. I told her to come for me herself when it was time for me to go.

All of this gave me great comfort, but I couldn't help but wonder whether Jesus came for Mom as I had asked. I prayed later that week and asked Mom to send me a sign if Jesus had been able to come for her. The very next day, a card arrived from a dear friend with the most beautiful picture of Jesus I have ever seen. He is walking up through the clouds looking toward the light. I will share the poem on the card with you. It was, for me, the sign that my prayers were answered. I have felt Mom's love all around me since her passing and have gotten other messages from Heaven as well, but none as beautiful and moving as this poem.

SAFELY HOME

I am home in Heaven, dear ones,
    Oh, so happy and so bright!
    There is perfect joy and beauty
    In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
    Every restless tossing passed;
    I am now at peace forever,
    Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder I so calmy
    Trod the vally of the shade?
    Oh! But Jesus' love illumined
    Every dark and fearful glade.

And He came Himself to meet me
    In that way so hard to tread;
    And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
    Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
    For I love you dearly still;
    Try to look beyond Earth's shadows;
    Pray to trust our Father's Will.

There is work still waiting for you,
    So you must not idly stand;
    Do it now, while life remaineth;
    You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is all completed,
    He will gently call you Home;
    Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
    Oh, the joy to see you come!

There was no author's name. The card was from the Sacred Heart Monastery acknowledging a memorial gift.

I hope this gives all of you some comfort, regardless of your religious or spiritual persuasion. To me, it just confirms what John Edward says on his show, "Passing Over." After death, our loved ones are with us in spirit and that there are no coincidences. Our loved ones do send us messages from Heaven. Bless you.

Love, Mikie
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Nice to see you on here Mikie. On Oct 11 it will be one year since my nephew's death. He had a motorcycle accident and was missing for ten days. He fortunately died instantly. During the ten days he was missing there were warm days, cool nights and rain so not a pretty sight when found. The police took pictures and when they were developed there were four points of light around him that they couldn't explain. It did not surprise me as I believe they were there to help us find him so that we could put closure on this and go on. We had been searching for ten days and I believe that the power of prayers helped us find him. Other little things have happened to let us know that he is OK. Personally, I believe that the four points were his grandfather, great grandmother, uncle and I'm unsure about the third one.

Jude
  3. selma

selma New Member

Love,Peace, and Light,

Selma
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

What a great testimony and comfort to know your Mom is with the Lord. That is a beautiful poem. I'm sorry to hear of your Mom passing away. My prayers are with you.

On another note, it's nice to see you back with us.

Love,
    Harmony
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate all your warm thoughts and prayers.

Jude, I remember when your nephew was missing. We were all praying for you and your family. I didn't know about the points of light. What a comfort. No one dies alone. Lots of people who have passed over are there to greet them. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers as the anniversary date approaches.

Love, Mikie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It reminded me of the Scripture of the New Heaven and the New Earth; Revelation 21;4

'And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: For the former things are passed away'.

Our finite minds cannot comprehend the wonder and spendor of the Kingdom of God while we are on this earth.

Thanks for sharing Mikie, God's blessings going out to you.

Shalom, Shirl

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I agree; from the look on Mom's face, I could tell she was seeing something that is beyond our human ability to imagine. For all of us who suffer so from our illnesses, I believe we will be rewarded when we pass to that place where this suffering will be no more.

Love, Mikie
  8. Jaimy

Jaimy New Member

Saw this today and it reminded me of you.........

Meant to Be
    Sometimes "destiny" can surprise us.
    By Jeanne Dunn
    Reprinted with permission from Angels on Earth magazine.

“It looks like the whole town of Canastota is on our lawn,” I said to my sister and brother as we peeked through the living room curtains. A crowd had formed for our estate sale. I stepped back from the window, taking a last look around the house our dad had built 50 years ago. Mom and Dad had raised the three of us here in this house, but now they were gone—they’d died within a year of each other—and we had lives elsewhere. Lynn, James and I chose a favorite item or two and agreed to sell the rest of their things.

I’d decided to keep my emotions out of the mix. Memories hovered in every room, not only of my childhood but also of the last months of my parents’ lives. As a nurse I’d seen the human experience up close for many years. But I hadn’t been prepared to watch Mom and Dad slip away. Now all the things of my childhood would disappear too. Enough! I determined, brushing away the thoughts. There’s work to be done.

A steady stream of folks came in after I opened the door at nine. I’d set up a table in the living room, complete with a tempting Collectibles sign. I nervously shifted the items on the table, lingering over a small ceramic angel. It had been in our family for as long as I could remember, a birthday gift from my grandfather to my grandmother. I could still see it on Nana’s dresser, and then on my mom’s after her mother passed away. The angel was only a Woolworth’s trinket, with a faded price tag for 72 cents, but its sweetly painted face and golden halo had always made me smile. I’d priced it at five dollars, but I was reluctant to let it go. Don’t get sentimental, I thought. You can’t hold on to every memory.

Later in the morning a dark-haired woman approached me, carrying a painting that once hung in our living room. “Could we negotiate?” she asked.

I repeated the speech I’d made to other customers: “We would like to try getting our prices today. If the painting’s still here tomorrow, we can talk about it.”

“Okay,” the woman said. “If it’s meant to be, it will be here.”

“I know what you mean,” I replied. “See that ceramic angel?” I pointed to the collectibles table. “If she’s here tomorrow, I’ll buy her for myself.” My words surprised me.

“If it’s meant to be,” the woman said.

When she returned the next morning I was outside by the garage. “The painting’s still here,” I called. “My sister will give you a good price.” In a few minutes the woman walked out of the house, waving happily to me, the painting she loved tucked under her arm.

At the end of the long day I flopped down, exhausted, by the collectibles table. All that remained were a couple of silver candlesticks and trays. Nana’s birthday angel was gone. My sister’s voice echoed somewhere, and I knew our house was empty. Tears burned my eyes. God, I prayed, help me focus on practical things. I busied myself cleaning up boxes, bags and tags.

My sister came into the room. “I almost forgot. I have something for you.” Lynn reached up to the highest shelf in the hall closet. “It’s from the lady who bought the painting this morning. She said to tell you it was meant to be.” Lynn put Nana’s angel in the palm of my hand. All those memories . . . and it’s not impossible to hold on to every one. Especially when it’s meant to be.

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for this beautiful story. I have filled my Mom's room with angels and family pictures. One angel is one I bought her for Christmas. It's a ceramic angel with wings which can be moved. You can completely wrap the angel in her wings or open them up and stand her in the stand which looks like clouds. Mom loved it.

The woman selling these incredibly beautiful angels was having financial difficulties and was selling these through the "party plan" in order to get enough sales points to allow her to be able to give gifts to her family. This just made Mom's gift all the more meaningful to her. She was one of the most generous people I have ever know. My mail is full of requests for charities to which Mom had contributed.

I bought an angel candleholder from that same lady with an angel holding a dove and a lion lying down with a lamb. It is one of my favorite possessions.

I have a wood carved angel head and wings which hangs over my bed. The head is almost life size and the wing span is about five feet. It is beautiful. I made a ring of tiny roses and baby's breath for around the head. If it ever falls off the wall, it's going to do some serious damage to me :)

Thanks again for the beautiful angel story.

Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, you haven't let anyone down. While I've been dealing with my own Mom's death, I've been completely oblivious to what has been happening around me. That's normal. We can't do everything. I know I have missed supporting people here, but I have been praying for everyone all along. Be good to yourself.

Love, Mikie
  11. teach6

teach6 New Member

Isn't it amazing how many signs of God's work are all around us, if we just take the time to look and listen for them? I'm glad you have been able to find comfort in this difficult time. I'm sure your mom is smiling down on you.

Barbara
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the sweet message. I do believe we have to take the time to see God's messages and the messages from our loved ones in Heaven. They are all around us.

Love, Mikie
  13. Jaimy

Jaimy New Member

again, you made me all teary-eyed.....I'm sure the angel above your bed is absolutely beautiful!

My mother collects them (angels)....on Christmas, she has a separate tree just for all of her angel ornaments that we bought her over the years....

You are VERY sweet to thank me twice for the story......

Love to you,
    Jaimy

MABLE- I agree with Mikie, you're not being self-absorbed, it's completely normal.....we turn to you for inspiration, you can lean on us now.....
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, we are your family.

Love, Mikie
  15. KLynn

KLynn New Member

i have never heard of a more obvious answer to a spoken prayer ever......what a touching poem and so perfect....it is very clear to me why it comforted you...and why her passing comforted you......it is equally as obvious that it was important to her and our father that you know this comfort... everything i have read of you is nothing but encouragement and positivness....you are a wondeful person who deserved that gift of communication from over there that few see or acknowledge....thank you for sharing such inspiration...it really touched me if you cant tell...lol peace be with you always.

~KLynn
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for your kindness. It means a great deal to me. I miss my Mother so much, but what happened has comforted me. There have been other little signs, but none as magnificent as this one.

Love, Mikie
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You're right. Y'all have been such a great comfort to me, just as Mom would be if she could. Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  18. Ihop811

Ihop811 New Member

Everything posted here just totally touched my heart. I do believe, Mikie, that we get messages from Heaven! Too many people are too skeptical or too busy or too blinded by problems to see them. It reminds me of that poem about the many ways that God uses nature to talk to us daily, if we would only listen.

God Bless all of you!
    ~Patty
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so right. Heavenly, spiritual messages are all around us. The trick is to live in the moment so we don't miss them. That's easier said than done, especially for us who have so much to contend with.

Love, Mikie