metagenics detox ...anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sssupermom, Feb 27, 2003.

1. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

After reading a book about enzymes I decided to try a detox by metagenics. I felt sooo sick even got a fever, chills and tons of aches and pains. anyone experienced this? is this normal for detox or just FM reacting? however, I feel great today
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I have'nt tried that brand,but i've tried a detox kit once~ And it was so bad!! I got really sick!nausea,diareah,mega body aches,you name it! It was suppose to be a 7 day detox using all sorts of supplements(a kit).
    I only made it thru 3 complete days!and that was a struggle! Once the stuff made it out of my system I was fine,but I did'nt feel any better~ I have FM also.
    Best regards,
    Tracey
  3. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

Did you do a diet with it? I did not do a diet. wonder if it has worked for anyone
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I mean the first two days you had to avoid meat` but for the most part I was able to eat pretty normal.Of course you had to drink alot of water....ALOT of water!! and increase your fruits and vegs. To be honest....my boyfriend tried it too, right along with me.He has no medical ailments or illnessses,and even he got lightheaded and nauseated.I remember us both being on the couch sicker than hell.We both said"the hell with this". We felt like wimps because we just could'nt take it!!LOL so much for the $24.99 each!! I want a refund!!lol (I just recalled- he had a bad headache too!) The best way for me to detox is to fast.(not eat for a couple days....just drink).
    Hope this helps!! (I could look for the name of the kit if ya need it....I still have whats left shoved way back in my bathroom closet!)
    Regards,
    Tracey
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My Naturopath put me on 2 1/2 months of Metagenics detox using UltraClear, and candida erradication with live acidopholous delivered to my house packed in ice. It was one of the best things I ever did for myself. I could never have stuck to the high protein/low carb diet I'm on now without doing that first. Also, when I saw how much better my blood looked under the dark electron microscope after the treatment.....well, a picture is worth a thousand words. Before treatment, I had the blood of someone destined to die, soon. Yes, I got a second opinion, and the second opinion on my blood was that it was a miracle that I was even able to walk with blood that sick. After treatment, my blood was perfect except for platelets still being too sticky, which I have worked on since then.
    It did not make me sick at all. The down side is it cost about $360. and did not significantly change my FMS symptoms.
    Klutzo
  6. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

and I felt better but was only able to do it for 3 wks because I got so violently ill. so now I am using what I have left over to see what happens. after all it was soo expensive. The good side to that is that I did not have any FM symptoms for almost 2 months. If I could figure out what makes it come?
    The book I read mentioned something about getting some vaccines injected into the system to get rid of it. have any of hear from this? the book is from new zealand.