Metal chelation best ones please? Amalgam fillings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Jun 19, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

I have decided to have the 6 amalgam fillings out that I have left despite after having mercury poisoning from having 4 out before. I will ensure they do it correctly this time.

I am seeing the dentist for a consultation and want them all out in one day. Last time I had 2 at a time (4 in total) but I absolutely hate going to the dentist and would actually like to have gas.

I have an appoiontment tomorrow to see a homeopath to discuss chelation options.

I need some advice from anyone who has had metal chelation therapy after having all your amalgam fillings out and what worked for you. I ideally want something that will get rid of all the toxic metals in my body. I know about DMSA as had it once before but while my fillings were still in!

Any advice appreciated. Has anyone had gas for removing fillings before as I never had, any other options?

It's also great that the FDA have finally admitted that silver fillings can cause mercury toxicity!

Many thanks
  2. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I haven't had any fillings removed but I have gas all the time for any dental work.

In fact, at my dentist's office it is a joke that they have to meet me at the door with the gas.

One time I guess I was breathing in too deeply and the dentist asked if I was in LaLaLand.

Too bad we can't have some gas at home to help with flares and pain!

Good luck with finding out information that will help you.

Love, Lillie
  3. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

When you had your fillings out initially, did you have any protection? What do you mean you got mercury poisoning from getting the first 4 out?

As far as the best mercury detox protocols, Dr. Andy Cutler is probably the most respected in this field. He's a Ph.D. chemist. You can find his stuff at:

He has a book too..
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Chelation therapy is tricky. Please do it with a doctors care. Also read Hal Huggins or Higgins books (old but very informative.

There is a way to get them out, most postive first to most negative (I think, please verify). Also, dams for your throat area and there should be special ventilation (that you probably can't see but should ask about).

I did a alot of caffeine cleanses but I think there were better things to do. I used the DMSA by IV with doctor and got half my mercury out (other toxic metals came out first like arsenic and beryllium). Got most of tin and nickel and half mercury.

5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I had mine taken out back in 1996, by a dentist who specialized in that. I had only two at a time, I think.

She put a piece of latex in back of my teeth, so that none of the mercury would go back in my throat.

Just as importantly, I had a device firmly covering my nose and delivering oxygen. Otherwise you end up breathing in the ground mercury as it's removed.

Probably they could put a little bit of gas in that too, if you really needed it.

I don't know about the chelation. Hopefully if you follow these steps you at least won't absorb any more of the stuff.