Meteorite====Yesterday=====Great North West====

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Feb 20, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi All

at about 6:30 am MST ,,,I was out walking the dog when i saw a Huge flash of light in the sky,,,,,wondering what the heck it was,,,,,turned on the local news and all these people were calling in saying they saw it too!,,,,,

turns out there was a Meteorite passing over,,,,People saw it as far away as Washinton state,,,,,where it was supposed to have landed!,,,,,Rock hounds are searching to find it!

There were a few folks on the news that said they saw flashes of green and blue on the horizon as it passed,,,so exciting that i actualy got to see the flash from it!,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I just saw this on the news, Sis. Looks like it was spectacular. How neat to see it.

They said that no one has found a crater yet.

Keep us informed.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

This is so exciteing!,,,also there's a lunar eclipse tonight! around 8:30 MST!,,,,,,,,it will be kool if they actualy locate it!,,,,,S
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

A meteor, a lunar eclispe, etc. The sky was actually clear so we could see it...neat.

Has anyone found anything yet of the meteor? I've heard that it hit in several places...who knows?

Let me know what you find out...I'll do the same.

5. sisland

sisland New Member

On the local news up here in Montana tonight they reported that there was no impact from the meteor,,,,,they said it all burned up in the atmosphere!,,,,,,,,,,,,Darn because i wanted to see some pieces from that!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I did get to see the Eclipse also it was spectacular! took a photo or 2 ,,,i'm sure it was to far away though!,,,,,,,,,,,,

And also they blew up the disabled satellite,,,,wow! like you say lot's going on!,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 02/21/2008]
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Wow! Bingo! It was done. What a wonderful technology we have. It could also be used to bring down incoming missles....not too bad a deal.

I'm a bit bummed about being no meteorite to see...)-:

Thanks for the info.

7. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Meteors are very cool to witness. It's great that you got to see one.

I forgot about them the disabled satellite, thanks for reminding me. I'm off to search about them blowing it up.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

It was a privledge to get to see it! i'm Never up at 6:30 am to often! but just happened to be that day!

and all i can say is that the light was so bright and flashy all i could think of was Lighting but in Feburary?? ,,,,,,,,Lolol!,,,,,so,,,,We will,,,always remember this!