methadone and valium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Oct 26, 2006.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Is anyone taking methadone and valuim>Doc prescribed 10 mil methadone and 5 milligrams of valium a day. I have recently been really scared about overdosing.Now you can see he wanted to putme on something for anxiety, Ihave anxiety about alot of things. Ruthie
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello willruthie,

Peacebaby is right; 10 mg is not a very high dose but if you're still unsure, why don't you call your pharmacist, or A pharmacist, to get an opinion?

I feel sure that your Dr. knows what he's doing but I know that even I need re-assurance sometimes.

I hope the valium will help the the anxiety.

BlueSky555
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

willruthie:

If I were you I would give the phamacist a call. They have your entire patient profile and can give you counseling after looking over your meds.

They would just check for interactions, etc., but as you know: no medical advice.

Feel better soon!

nyrofan
  4. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Ruthie,

I was on Methadone and Diazepam( I believe the generic Valium) for 7 years with out interaction issues at all. The biggest reason I came off from those was that my body kept getting tolerant to doses. At 100mg of Methadone and 30mg of the Diazepam, spaced over the day,I was nodding off to sleep more often than either my family or I was comfy with. Not long ago I was seeing a DO for spine manipulation and he questioned why I came off those.Seems if I had been his patient he would have added another med to keep me more alert day side. I somedays wish I had know that before detoxing as the combo did work well for pain,spasming + anxiety for many years.A year later we're still fighting to find a replacement for them. MaineWeezie