Methadone.Did U see 48 Hours show on it?Woman died on cruise.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Sep 24, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

It was on Sat. nite. Remember the story about the young girl who wanted to be an actress. Her and the boyfriend and friends went on a cruise and he found her dead in bed. The mother is sure he knows more than what he's saying but he's been cleared. He is a former drug user and admitted he took methadone,illegally on board,in a nyquil bottle Said he had backslid and was using it to help him. Said she knew about it.

Anyway they were drinking and she went to bed,he says she wanted him to stay there but he wanted to stay up with the friends,they argued a little and he left her in the room. Came back later and she was sleeping. Got up next day and she was still asleep so he went out,came back at 2:00pm and couldn't rouse her. Called 911 and they did cpr and couldn't revive her. The only thing they found in her system was methadone. Everyone says she didn't ever do any kind of drugs and wouldn't have willingly taken it. Boyfriend told reporter he has told the same story to everyone and he has no explanation why she would have drank it since she knew it was in the nyquil bottle.

Just like the other cruise deaths we've heard about, the FBI and other law enforcement won't give either parent all of their info so they can find out how they really died. They also said in the story that methadone is very dangerous and lethal. I wouldn't take the chance personally but that's not saying much cause I'm scared to take anything.

Just thought I'd pass this on since someone posted about the 20/20 story. Keke
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

As far as I knew, you could only get Methadone in liquid form though a Heroin program, and they made you take it in front of them.

The only way to get Methadone, well atleast here in Mass., is by pill if it is prescribled.

Are you sure they said it was liquid??
  3. born2fish64

born2fish64 New Member

I worked with a guy who took methadone for back pain. It was in pill form.