Methadone for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daytrippersoul, Oct 8, 2009.

1. daytrippersoul

daytrippersoul New Member

I go to a methadone clinic. I have been going there for 2 years now and have come to realise that methadone is working for some of my pain. - It is in liquid form and I have to dose there everyday which sucks. -- I had talked with my primary care doctor about switching to the methadone in pill form but he was not at all interested in hearing about it! It's like..take Savella or Cymbalta or Lyrica...I have taken all three and none of them worked. All they did for me was make me feel sick and very tired. Someone had told me to go to a pain clinic and the doctors there might help me get on the methadone pills if I explain how it helps my pain from the Fibromyalgia. -- It's been 10 years and I'm tired of this pain. - I need to find a doctor who is going to understand and help me. - I start to feel depressed because I feel no one is listening to me.
    If there is anyone in the Rhode Island area who knows of a doctor or clinic that may prescribe the methadone pills please reply! I need some help!

daytripper :eek:)
  2. s8vdbygr8ce

s8vdbygr8ce New Member

Go to a pain clinic cause i take methadone pills from the pain clinic.was taking it for 6 years, than stopped. now started back again.It works great.