METHADONE for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshineno2, Feb 14, 2003.

1. sunshineno2

sunshineno2 New Member

anyone use methadone for FM pain?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is your third post stating that you are taking meth for your pain. Could this have been done under one post? We do have some people here who have used meth for treating their FMS.

Love, Mikie
  3. Katseye

Katseye New Member

My personal experience was not a positive one. Methadone did relieve the physical pain, but when I decided to come off the medication, it was the most painful experience of my life. I was not weaned off it properly and was on daily opiate therapy. That makes a tremendous difference. I suffered withdrawl (which was the single most painful experience in my life) and it continued for months. When I filled the prescriptions, I was treated and labeled an addict by the pharmacists. You'd be surprised how many pharamacies refused to despense! On methadone for two years, I became isolated, spaced out, confused, and depressed. I didn't laugh or feel joy. The medication not only numbed my physical pain, it numbed my emotions completely. Remember, you do become physically dependant on methadone and sometimes addicted if you misuse.
    There could be some positive experiences, however I thought I'd share mine.