Methadone Pain Meds Helping Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jessica0123, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

Hi,
    I have been suffering for months. September I was in the bed the whole month with pain. October, November,December half and half and in the bed by 6pm after maybe a 6 hour day. UNTIL my Dr. bumped my methadone RX up. NOW I FEEL LIKE A NEW WOMAN. THE PAIN HAS SUBSIDED 85%. I take my meds every 4 hours sometimes I make it 4 hours or 41/2. This is great! I wanted to pass this on because maybe asking your Dr. to bump you up a little might make the difference in your life?

Jessica
    VA
  2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Methadose is what is given for those in serious chronic pain cancer patients, people who are pretty bad off.

If you really look at the site most get MS Condin, morphine & that is typically the protocal with most pain docs is what I have come to find. I take Oxy which has mad me better than the MS condin. While i'd like to be on Methadose, I don't see it happening unless extreme measures happen.

All docs aren't as liberal with the meds they give out. For goodness sakes some are getting Darvocet, Norco, Vicodin. All weak meds...

I am glad you have a doc who cares & will do this, but i think it is more rare than common unfortunately.

thanks,

your friend,
    fun
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

anything stronger than the darvocet and loratab. Im very discouraged at this pt. Like fungirl said, many just wont go to anything stronger. Im sooo tired of fighting for something that might help, Im getting really discouraged. If you have found relief, God bless you and may you continue to have some relief!!

Suzette