Methodone question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sjogrens, Aug 8, 2006.

1. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Does Methodone make you gain weight? I was told this would be the best med. for me. I lost 65 pounds 2 years ago and I don't want to gain again. Just wondering.
  2. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

I know with me.. Taking Methadone I havent wanted to eat and when I do I dont eat much. I guess it is like any med depends on body reaction. I am finding out it is a good pain med if taken right. I take it 3 times a day 8hrs apart and so far have only had to take Narco a couple days due to break through pain. Methadone has been a blessing from God!!! I wish I would have started it 2 years ago like they wanted me to. But I was scared of side effects.
    I think as long as you watch your diet you will be fine. Good Luck..
  3. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

I'm sure it varies from person to person, but I know for me when I was taking it a couple of years ago I actually lost almost 20 pounds. I hadnt done anything different except start the Methadone so I always figured it was from the med. When I stopped taking it I gained back alot of the weight. But have recently lost over 30 pounds.
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i looked up methadone on a drug web site and it doesn't list weight gain as a side effect so i think your safe.
    rachel