Methyl B12 injections really helped "fog" and energy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skychomper, Oct 10, 2003.

1. skychomper

skychomper New Member

hey y'all

just wanted to add a note of whats been helping me.

I recieved a methyl B12 injection a few days ago, a little more this time than I usually get. and wow, there was a huge difference. I was thinking clearly, and I was not so slow to speak and understand. I also had more energy. and when I did things I didn't crash. my stamina sustained me. I was able to go to the drugstore and the library

I had also been feeling a little "crazy" you could say. just like my brain was no longer working, and I was losing touch, and that just disappeared. Its been three days since then, and Im still pretty good. Its hard to measure my energy exactly since I have not been going to work and do not have a routine,
    but Im feeling alot better.

perhaps I can give myself the shots once a week and hopefully return to work.

I am so surprised how much this helped me that I just wanted to share it with ecverybody as another avenue of treatment to possible explore. i would really recommend trying it
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I have been doing B12 (hydroxocobalamin) injections since the middle of June. They do make a big difference. I do weekly injections of 1cc every Friday. Good luck with going back to work!

Funny, once I was telling my family about the B12 injections, I find out both my parents were on B12 too. I did remember my Mom saying something about getting a B12 shot when she started to lose energy (very common back in 1950's and 60's) and then my Dad was telling me he use to take B12 too.
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Skychomper,
    Do you give the B-12 to yourself? I would like to get B-12 shots but don't know if Dr would let me do that. Hope I could give them to myself.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I give B12 shots to myself. I don't LIKE doing it -- but it's easy. I can't see any reason why a doctor won't teach you as that way you don't have to pay for a visit etc. The RX and needles are so cheap. I do it in the side of my upper thighs.

I just found that I have to sit down before I stick myself, cuz otherwise I reflexively jump away, LOL.

I saw a system on the internet called "INJEX" a needle-free injector, but it sounds expensive (I didn't see a price). It doesn't use a needle, uses high pressure I believe; diabetics are using it. If it's something that might be covered by health insurance it might be worth looking into as I often bruise from the injections anyway.

Hope your doctor lets you self-inject - it would be cheaper and easier.
  5. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Yes, I also get b12 injections and they have been helpful.

I'm so glad for you that it is helping you!!

I felt good from it for quite awhile, then it seemed it wasn't helping anymore and no matter what I did I could not feel any energy so I stopped doing it for awhile.

But just went back to it this week, I think it is helping, but I am so fatitued it is hard to say.

I go to the doc's to get the shots 3 x a week , 2cc's per shot. I'm too chicken to give them to myself. But I don't always do it 3 x as I am sometimes too tired to get out to do it.

Good luck to you,

6. skychomper

skychomper New Member

thanks for the responses, I think I will talk to him about self injecting-plus I hope it will keep working.

acheybrakey! im so sorry you broke out in hives. I am also allergic to things since getting cfs. it stinks.

yeah my mom got a B12 shot once in awhile too, the difference between us was that I felt "normal" again, and it kept her awake for 2 days...
    thanks y'all
  7. cma331

cma331 New Member

I too, give myself B 12 injections ........1 cc daily......With an insulin needle into the upper thigh.......Does not even hurt.....They are more effective tho (Im) into the muscle.......I get that done 2 x a week, by a visiting nurse from the board of health.......2 cc of b12, and 1 cc of magnesium.....Yes; it really helps me......
    Someone mentioned menthyl b 12 ....What is that?
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

Is there anyone who can explain the differences in B12 shots?
  9. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising New Member

Are the injections of B12 different than taking a high quality B12 vitamin? Just curious because the fibro fog is my biggest concern and I would rather avoid needles - ouch!

10. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising New Member

11. skychomper

skychomper New Member

I believe the injection is better than taking it orally, although there is controversy about this. I believe some studies have shown that oral B12 is just as good. perhaps, you will notice the difference sooner with the injection. since it doesn't need to go through your whole system

the methyl B12 is different from the regular cobalimin, but I don't know why or how. I am going to look into it today and report back.
  12. skychomper

skychomper New Member

Altern Med Rev 1998 Dec;3(6):461-3
    Published erratum appears in Altern Med Rev 1999 Feb;4(1):9

Methylcobalamin is one of the two coenzyme forms of vitamin B12. Evidence indicates this form of vitamin B12, in addition to having a theoretical advantage over cyanocobalamin, actually has some metabolic and therapeutic applications not shared by the other forms of vitamin B12. This monograph provides an overview of the pharmacokinetics of methylcobalamin, and will highlight the potential therapeutic relevance for Bell's palsy, cancer, diabetic neuropathy, eye function, heart rate variability, HIV, homocysteinemia, male impotence, and sleep disorders.
  13. lil826

lil826 New Member

Just curious.........what doctor prescribs methyl b12 injections to you? I am having a hard time finding a doctor in Florida.<BR>
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 10/25/2012</i>]
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

if you go to, you can find the names of integrative medicine doctors in your area. Scroll over &quot;health resources&quot; near the top of the page and you'll get a link to click on.&lt;BR&gt;
    I think that IM doctors are almost the only ones who know anything about CFS and FM, and nutrition, supplements etc. &lt;BR&gt;
    Also, sublingual methylcobalamin is pretty good too. Some say it's as good injections, there's debate about this.&lt;BR&gt;
    BTW, the post you were responding to was from 2003 - I don't know how it got up on the board, but I don't think you'll get a response from the original poster.&lt;BR&gt;