Methyl B12, with mercury amalgams ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jupiter7, May 24, 2008.

1. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

Hey there.

I thought I read that it was a no-no to take Methylcobalamin B12 unless you have your dental fillings containing mercury removed. Now I can't find that info anywhere.

Anyone taking methyl B 12 sublingual, and still have your fillings in? I don't know if it's just part of a protocol. Or is it really dangerous??

Cyano B12 shots did nothing for my fatigue...

Thanks for any input.
  2. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I don't know where I read it either but I have read that before as well. I thought that methyl B12 could move metals into the brain so you wouldn't want to do that if you had heavy metals to deal with.

Take Care,
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I, too, recall reading this. I also recall reading that methyl B12 will move toxic metal OUT of the brain. Sometimes the information is so confusing that you don't know what to do.

I have continued to take my sublingual methyl B-12. One thing that I do not like is how long the sublingual lozenge takes to dissolve and, thus, how long my filling are exposed to the methyl B-12. I am considering asking my physician about the cost of injectable methyl B-12 then next time I see her.

I notice at the health food store the other day that they have liquid sublingual methyl B-12. I am planning to buy some when I have used all of my lozenges. I figure it will be in my mouth a shorter amount of time.
  4. Jayna

Jayna New Member

was what affected the mercury movement into the brain, and the methyl form didn't. I think it was in a recent ProHealth newsletter article, maybe from Dr. Myhill's website?

Methyl B12 is not available in injectable form in Canada, according to my pharmacist, so even if cyano is dangerous to my mercury-amalgam fillings, I am stuck with taking it since nothing else keeps the brain fog at bay. I also take methyl B12 sublingual.
  5. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

This is what Rich has written about Methyl B12 & why he recommends the brand Perque B12 which is Hydroxocobalamin, in the Methylation Protocol:

Perque B12--This is a hefty dose of sublingual hydroxocobalamin. As I said above, B12 is needed to get methionine synthase going.

Methylcobalamin is actually the form needed, but some people cannot tolerate it for genetic reasons, and I'm also concerned that people with high body burdens of mercury could move mercury into the brain if they take too much methylcobalamin.

Methylcobalamin is the only substance in biological systems that can methylate mercury, and methylmercury can cross the blood-brain barrier.

Perque B12 is sublingual to compensate for poor B12 absorption in the gut of many people.

Best wishes
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Well now I'm really confused. I take the methyl B12 sublingual and attributed my feeling better lately to my taking it regular.

Something else to be concerned about....argh....

Sue in Ontario
  7. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

I'm surprised there is such confusion about this vitamin.
  8. Jayna

Jayna New Member

but it doesn't say specifically about either form of B12 affecting mercury in the brain.

It's about halfway down, past a lot of complicated-looking diagrams.

For me, methyl doesn't do as much as a single shot of cyano, even though I take as much sub-L methyl every day as is in my once-weekly shot. The two together give me some relief from cognitive confusions.
  9. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

10. Jupiter7

Jupiter7 New Member

Bump again
  11. spacee

spacee Member

Dr. Paul Cheney says that a high dose of methyl (10,000mcgs) daily, at night is EXTRAORDINARYILY important.

Has to be Rxed and sent/taken to a compounding pharmacy.

12. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I discovered that Methyl B12 and Cyano B12 do nothing for me, but the Perque Hydroxy B12 has a big effect on me. I think it has to do with my genetics.

I hope you can figure out which form works best for you, Jupiter7.