Methylation: Are the Rich 5 supps working for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

Hello all,

I've been taking the Rich 5 supps for about 6 months. I recently added some new supplements to my regime and I've experienced a boost in health.

Now I'm trying to decide if the Rich 5 supps have been slowly helping me long term and are part of this boost, and thus I should continue them. Or is the Methylation Protocol not helping me---at least in this simplified form.

Trying to keep a handle on expeses as we all are.

Are the Rich 5 supplements working for you?

[This Message was Edited on 06/09/2008]
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Perhaps it would help to know what new supplements you added on....I know I would like to hear. I just ordered the 5 supplements today. DE
  3. brainfoggy

brainfoggy New Member

Hi Hubcap

I've been on a few of the methylation supps for a month and initially felt really bad but now feel somewhat better so I do think they are working for me. However, this illness is so tricky and I wonder if I'm just having a few good days for whatever today I would say yes they are good and you should probably stick with them. I'm curious too as to what you are adding on. Recently I added a few things these Biotec Energy Enzyme pills which do give you a little burst of clarity in the morning. Transfer factor and whey seems to be helping. I do all the teitelbaum supps too. Hang in there, when I first became ill moved to Cali from the east coast and absolutely love it here. I'm in the process of trying to get disability and feel pretty good about being in this state and getting help (was just denied my first go), although it is expensive in terms of housing. But everywhere is and if you are used to NY anything is cheaper. My best friend lives in the city and loves it, actually she's really in love with craigslist! I guess it's a good place to be single but not necessarily sick. Hope you feel better soon!

4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, hubcap.

I wasn't aware that you have been taking the MCB supplements for the past six months. I recall that you discontinued them when you were in the middle of doing the Valcyte treatment, but I gather that you must have restarted them after discontinuing the Valcyte, right?

Have you noticed symptoms that might be attributed to detox or die-off while on the MCB supplements?

Some people with CFS seem to need fairly high dosages of B12 compared to the suggested dosages. I think it depends on which polymorphisms a person has, and how large their body burdens of toxins have become while they have been ill.

I'm happy to hear about your boost in health, whatever is causing it. Like the others who have posted, I'm curious about what supplements you have added.

5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Well Patrick, as you probably know by now I am a cheerleader for this protocol.

I started with the simplifed in February of 2007 and switched to longer yasko in the fall of '07 and I haven't really looked back.

I would say I am about 30 percent better. Sleep was the first thing to improve. Ditched the meds in the first couple of weeks. Then temperature and blood pressure normalised.

Energy is much better. Cognition has been much slower to come around and improvements were subtle at first, but I'm not quite as desperate as I was on that front because I think things are slowly moving in the right direction.

Recent improvements: I think I'm sweating again and I didn't do that for a loooooooooooong time. Also, my cycle seems to be returning to normal. (sorry if TMI).

But I will say, it's been a long slog, maybe because I hit the supps hard, and it's kind of one step forward, two steps back.

It sounds counterintuitive but I find my need for sleep or healing naps is more than before. Although that comes and goes in spurts.

I think the detox (I've noticed a lot of eliminating on this protocol) and the recharged immune system put a strain on the body, so while you are feeling better, you also have more to cope with.

It's not linear is what I am trying to say. I feel better and worse at the same time, but the overall trend is towards improvement.

I'll be honest though and say I'm still not functioning at a much higher level consistently and I think that's because the recovery process really takes it out of you.

And I'm also beginning to think that replacing minerals lost by detox may be important, esp. if like me, you are trying to race through it all.

This is where the longer yasko protocol and monitoring essential elements comes in..

Anyway, if I were you, and I could afford it, I'd run the Vitamin diagnostics panel. That will tell you right away if you need the supps or not.

I can't fathom why more people haven't run that panel, but then the Lyme people will tell you that everyone should have a Western Blot and the mold people will tell you everyone should test for mold.

They're probably all worth ruling in or out.

Good luck!
  6. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I think it's definitely been worth it for me to take the three supplements I take (the folates and the B-12). Yes, I think they are working for me, as a piece of the puzzle in my recovery plan.

I take small enough amounts of them that I don't get wiped out by detoxing. I just excrete a lot and nap a little more. Otherwise, it's my usual lifestyle.

I think they're cheap and easy to take, so I'd have no problem with taking them forever if necessary.

I wouldn't mind trying that Vitamin Diagnostics panel, Delia. I have been reluctant to ask my doctor for it so far because I needed her cooperation in other matters I considered more urgent. But eventually I might do it, now that my mold questions have been answered.

[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2008]
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have to be a bit careful and I only take the supps part time to try to work the detoxing into my schedule. For instance, today is a detox day but I didn't have to be to work until 10:30. By then, the diarrhea was done. The detox started last night with a slight headache and a bit of bloating. I still have a bit of lingering headache and I'm very tired but by tomorrow, I'll feel much better, as I always do after the detox.

Love, Mikie