methylation cycle block??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heapsreal, Oct 27, 2009.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Those who have been on b12, methylfolate etc for awhile to treat meythlation block, have you had lasting improvement and how long until you noticed you were improving?

Thought i would throw this question out there as its been around for a little while now.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

have you done a search on recent posts here with those words?

sometimes people's progress reports are buried in those.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I've been doing the protocol off and on for over 2 years - I know, it sounds so long. It was quite rough for me in the beginning, I detoxed a lot so had to go very slowly, stopping for days or even a couple of weeks here and there. I finally noticed after about 6 months of off and on that my CFIDS crashes were getting lighter - I wasn't feeling quite so bad when I crashed, and would get over them a little quicker.

The second year I did the protocol very little because I was sick most of the time and could not tolerate detoxing on top of being sick. I've gotten the being sick part better under control and have restarted the protocol, which I am now tolerating better, I don't detox as much, which I think may mean (a) either my system is working better or (b) I'm finally getting to the bottom of detoxing, or (c) a bit of both.

I can say that I don't feel as bad when I crash now, although I unfortunately I still crash just as easily. I do get over a crash now in 2 days as opposed to 3, which is progress, albeit very slow progress.

Since I am tolerating the supplements better now, I hope to be able to keep taking them with more regularity than in the past, and hope I see more improvement.

Other people have gotten quicker results.

I wish I had better news to report, but at least I think I am moving forward instead of backward.