Methylation cycle update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SGR, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SGR

SGR New Member

I want to share how much better I've been feeling since I've been doing Rich's protocol - about six weeks now. I think I'm about 30% better in terms of energy which is a miracle. I'm not constantly feeling like I need to lie down, which I have felt like for the last five years. I don't care if this is just short term, it's so much fun to be able to go outside and walk around without feeling dizzy or spacey. I'll take it!

Thanks, Rich!

2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hey, that's fantastic?

What exactly have you been using?

3. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

For about 1 week I've been taking a speck of folapro, smashing it and putting it in one cup of water. THEN, 1 take 1/4 of a TEASPOON of it. If I could have started with one molecule, I would have. The protocol explains so many things in my history that I must take the risk. But I don't want to lose what I have in terms of functionality. After 20+ years of not being able to work, I now have a part time job that has literally saved me in a way.

Today I am adding a speck of the B vitamins/other folates to my concoction. Wooohoo! Diane
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

That's how Forebearance does it too. She's remained with that amount since she started last spring.

I had to start at about that amount too, but have worked up to 1/2 pill of the folates (and 3-6 mg of the B12) over time. That feels like progress.

Good luck.
  5. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, SGR.

Thanks for sharing the good news! I'm happy to hear that this treatment is helping you, and hope it gets better and better!

6. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Diane.

Sounds good. Sneaking up on it is a good way to make sure the detox doesn't get unbearable.

7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That is great, SGR!!! I am really happy for you!

You cracked me up, Diane. Finally someone who takes even less than I do!

By now I can take a whole speck of the FolaPro and Intrinsi-B12/Folate. And I'm up to a large pinch of the Perque B12. Woo hoo! I am so happy for you.

8. SGR

SGR New Member

About 1/16th to 1/8 of Folapro and Intrisi B-12 (I split them up with a pill spliter and use the uneven pieces), one HHC multivitamin, one Perque B-12, one phosphadityl serine complex. After I pulled back on what I was taking initially and got over the horrible reaction I had - which seemed to need the assistance of 1/2 of a watermelon (?) to flush that stuff out of my body, and sweating for many weeks, I can all of the sudden have somewhat of a normal schedule. I still nap once a day, but it is so wonderful to be able to do things like water the garden and not resent the effort, make dinner without feeling like that's the only thing I can get done in one day. Initially I felt like an onion was being peeled back, like one layer of exhaustion was lifted, then another half, now I think I'm up to three layers being removed. In addition I continue to take Levoxyl, T-3, Cortisol, and Soma for sleep. I take some iodine and 2 g vitamin C; less consistently some fish oil, some evening primrose, 400 mg Vit. D, the molybdenum and Corvalen D-Ribose. I also noticed one day when I did the detox bath while I was in the sweating period, I got really hot and sweaty that night. I've been doing the detox baths since January and hadn't had that response. I had a little crash yesterday in the middle of a stressful meeting, felt wiped out, but the good news is, after a short nap I was fine for the rest of the day into the evening. That would have kept me down for days last year.

Here's hoping we're all on to something here.....

[This Message was Edited on 06/26/2008]
  9. tansy

tansy New Member

seems to work best for many of us. I am always pleased to see Rich Mention this.

Forebearance I can remember you having to use very small doses when treating infections etc in the past.

Having finally emerged from the awful aftermath of surgery and a general aneasthetic, I am having more functional days. In the last few weeks I've had only two iffy 24 hour periods.

I am pacing as much as possible, and the weather's been mild here, so have no doubt these additional factors are contributing.

tc, Tansy
  10. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

When I started doxycycline, I opened the capsule, took out a speck and put that in a clear capsule. BIG herx. I respect the power of most medicines and supplements! diane
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you.

I am one of the ones who has to go very slowly on this as the detoxing is pretty harsh for me. It's almost as though once I cracked open the door a bit, the treatment just took over like gangbusters.

One thing I have noticed is how strong my immune system responds whenever I am exposed to people who are sick. I will get an immune response and purge like crazy. We have had several bugs circulate in our area and at the store. Working with the public exposes me to everything. I have had strong immune responses but have not actually gotten sick. Several times, I did get a bit run down and it brought on a painful FMS flare (very unusual for me anymore) but I have not actually gotten sick (knocking on wood here :)

It's like I take the MCP supps and detox. Then, it's like they recycle and I'll detox again once or twice without having to take any more of the supps. Then, I take the supps for a couple of days and the whole things starts all over again. Despite the detoxing and immune response, I am doing much, much better as well. Only problem I have is that I have to watch my energy levels to ensure I can continue to work my part-time job.

Love, Mikie
  12. SGR

SGR New Member

That is so great that you can work. I would love to be able to do the same. Maybe this year?? I'm still such a space cadet, I can't see myself handling other people's money. I just signed a bunch of legal papers, and it didn't even occur to me to read them first, which I always would have done in the past, I just glanced at them and signed. I'm not quite ready for prime time. That's for sure. I think we'll always face balancing our activity levels every day. Best of luck to you, Mikie. Take it easy, but I guess that goes without saying...

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the good wishes. It took a lot longer to be able to work than I ever thought it would. I took one stressful job and set myself back for months. I got very sick while I was there. It may take a while and it may take trying different jobs but eventually, I hope you can find something which suits you and you enjoy.

My job is just a piddly ass little cashiering job and I'm not working many hours right now but it is an important benchmark in my healing.

Take care of yourself and heal. As you get better, the mind does better too. Still, I have spaced-out days. It's just that the job is more familiar and doesn't require quite the mental investment of energy that it did in the beginning. Best of luck.

Love, Mikie