Methylation Test Question for Rich van K

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by equanimous, Aug 8, 2010.

1. equanimous

equanimous New Member

Does anyone know whether you are supposed to discontinue your methylation supplements before doing a methylation panel, and if so, how long you need to be off them for before the test? It seems to me that I would be more interested in how my body is doing while on them since I plan on continuing to take them, but perhaps they interfere with the test?

2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Liz.

My advice is to stay on your supplements when you give the blood samples for the methylation pathways panel. That's the way we did it every 3 months in the clinical study, and the results came out to be steadily improving. (You can read the report on it at by clicking on CFS/M.E. and then on my name, and then clicking on the treatment study, dated 2009.)

The parameters that are measured in this panel seem to have a certain amount of inertia, and change slowly relative to periods of a day or two on or off the supplements. But over time, they are found to improve for most PWCs who have tried this protocol.

Best regards,

3. equanimous

equanimous New Member

Thank you for the speedy reply. I'm also glad to find out that this is your answer as I tend to feel bad when I go off the supplements. I wish the results came back faster than they do, but I'll try to be patient : )

4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

If you don't mind sharing, which supplements are you taking, how long have you been taking them, and have you felt an improvement?