Michael Moore wants your horror stories

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Jan 27, 2007.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Michael Moore is doing a documentary about health care called Sicko. He wants horror stories about persons medical care or lack of.
  2. California31

California31 New Member

How did you learn about request for medical care, lack of it...documentary.
  3. cct

cct Member

woofmom,

Maybe you could direct Michael to Prickles post titled

"POLL - most ridiculous thing your doctor ever said?"

That should give him some amunition! ! !
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

My recent hospitalization nightmare is enough to make anyone take notice that we are being USED AS A PAYCHECK for this bunch of people PRACTICING medicine...

As my recovery is going well only since I have gotten out of that HOLE and stayed away from the 'EVILDOERS', I am convinced that I was TORTURED for PROFIT...

When I am stronger and able to handle 'reliving' this horrible experience, I will be contacting people to help me tell my story...

I do not think that Michael Moore would be on that list of people, I believe if anyone makes $$$$$ off of films and such, they have a personal agenda...However, having said that, I also do not approve of many inferences Mr. Moore has made toward others publicly...I believe there is a time and place and he needs to show more class than he has in the past...

Having said that too, someone needs to open up the dialogue and the 'can of worms' that we are being bamboozled by these physicians and pharma combined that we have diseases that are incurable, no known cause, no known cure but yet have several drugs to help you with your symptoms...Can anyone say Chit-a-Ching...

I am quite bitter toward all of my docs and therapists as well as the hospital and staff and will show just how much in the near future...These 'experts' will be getting a reality check after I am done with them and if my plan goes 'as planned', many lives will be saved by letting all the cats outta the bag and unveiling the truth as only those who have horror stories can tell...

So, Mr. Moore, if you are out there, I gotta goodie for you, in great detail, with medical records to prove my accusations of incompetence, unethical behavior and downright torture...And that's just my recent ordeal...Imagine if I took the past 11 years??? For instance, I was just tested last month for something I should have been tested for 11 years ago to confirm the so-called chronic disease I had all this time...Plus, I was denied testing I asked for constantly and a requested treatment was laughed at by 4 partners of the same practice and today, just 6 weeks later, I am now being told "Sure we can try what you want"...But for 2 months, keep me sick, keep me hospitalized, keep pushing mega $$$$ drugs that make me sicker and sicker and then go home and put your head on your nice pillow and sleep soundly, doc...

HOW DO THEY LIVE WITH THEMSELVES???

Maybe Michael Moore is the person to do this, he seems to have a very WIIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEEE audience....ANd the more that hear what he has to say, the more that may pay attention long enough to realize what's happening out there...

We'll see what happens...

BTW, I did a lil looking into SICKO...It's 75% done and is focusing on the health care system looking from the aspect of mental health care...THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMMMM...Also, on the same webpage, someone started a thread about 'The Big Fat Man making a movie about Healthcare'...I couldn't get in the post cause I wouldn't JOIN the site but seems there is feedback allready and the movie's not out yet...
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2007]MORE INFO, Moore claims that everyone who has told him their story and that pharma has found out about has received health care at a 100% success rate...In other words, open your mouth, tell your story, get paid off...That's pharma!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/28/2007]
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

If anyone wants to tell their medical horror story you can email him. The email address is on his website.
  6. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I'm sure he does.

The system isn't perfect, and things can and do go wrong, but lets face it, it wasn't too long ago they thought epilepsy was Demonic possession.

Why do we expect so much from these people? Because we are charged so much?

Just food for thought.
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I certainly acknowledge that there ARE many for him to tell.

However, none here. As far as I am concerned, my oncologist is a god, my health insurance provider was with me every step of the way, and "big drug companies", at least temporarily, saved my life.

Healthcare in the US is FAR from perfect, that's for sure. I'm very scared and worried for the uninsured here who struggle every day.

But right now, I myself am alive and can't complain, considering I would've been dead inside of 3 months without all of the above. Not only can't complain, I'm very grateful.

Hugs,
    Pam

8. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

The only thing I have seen from participating in these documentaries, or mockumentaries is expoitation, out of context comments, and mockery of ones illness... remember the goal of the filmmaker is to make folly of whatever subject matter is involved...

I would rather have Borat do the film...

STAY AWAY...

I feel it would hurt any advocacy of the illness... we are at a very delicate time in getting the gov't, and other research efforts on board...

Just my opinion...
  9. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

In addition...

From what I read... Sicko was already filmed, edited and ready to go within the last year... I think someone, ( or some company ) took pre-emptive action... remember... Money talks... and the legal system does work ( sometimes )

The bigger the " hit piece " the bigger the profits...

remember... follow the money... always...