Michigan doctors, please...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steve1255, May 7, 2009.

1. steve1255

steve1255 New Member

Wanted to know if anyone could recommend a doctor familiar with CFS for the southern lower Michigan area: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Flint, Ann Arbor, or Detroit. Any of these would be useful. Thanks...
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

you are SO lucky to live in the same state as dr. a. martin lerner, who, in my opinion, is the best CFS doctor on the planet.

he is in beverly hills, michigan.

best of luck,
  3. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Steve- You may want to check out Dr Ed Conley in Flint. Saw him off & on for a few years back in the late '90's & he was the most knowledgeable CFS doc I've ever worked with. Check out his book "America Exhausted" to get an idea of his philosophies & testing protocols. Only downside to Dr Conley is the cost for his office visits.
  4. romalaw

romalaw Member

Hello! I've been wondering how you are, even posted your name a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think you were o nthe board then.

I was wondering if you ever looked into possible lyme?

Have you tried any new tx lately. I see Brownstein next week and I think I'm going to ask to explore this.

Let me know how you are doing? I seem to have plateaued, good days, bad days. At least no relapse!

5. romalaw

romalaw Member

I think Dr. Brownstein in W Bloomfield MI is has helped me quite a bit with CFS. He's an MD that practices holistic medicine. I agree with spartanjt that Conley is quite good, but as he said expensive.
  6. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Hi Romalaw- Just seeing your posts to me now,,,,,i'm only checking the board once a month or so,,,,apologize for not responding.

Good to hear that you're still seeing Dr Brownstein. What treatments are you on now & are those treatments helping you ?

For me, I was tested for Lyme many years ago, early '90's when i first had my CFS symptoms & the test was negative. Once I started seeing Conley, he did not pursue that any further & like I may have told you earlier, his treatments had immediate positive effects.

I'm still seeing Dr Kavieff in W Bloomfield & he has had me on Armour thyroid for the past couple years which has had good results for me. I'm still taking a few supplements, such as magnesium citrate, vit E, a good anti-candida supplement, fish oil caps,melatonin at bedtime & still a small dose of klonopin at bedtime. In fact, i'm seeing Dr Kavieff today for my tri-annual check in re my recent thyroid blood test results. I've been seeing him for nearly 5 years now & am very comfortable with what he's done for me,,,& he's done it at a fraction of the cost of what I payed w/Dr Conley. Again, I had considered going to Dr Brownstein back when I started seeing Dr K,but it was a very long wait time to see Dr B so i went the route that I did.

Overall, I'm doing pretty well. I still have some of that lightheadedness/off balance feeling, but part of that is probably sinus drainage problems that i seem to get a lot along w/the CFS symptomology. If I'm careful about staying away from certain foods/drinks & trying to go yeast/gluten free as much as possible, the better i feel. Recently, I've noticed that my BP readings have been on the high side, so I'm going to ask Dr K about that today.

I still believe that I could not have gotten these sustained improvements without getting my amalgams & metal crowns replaced w/more bio-compatible materials. Its been 7 years since i had the work done & slowly over time, along with some metal chelation supplementation & the other things I've talked about,,,,i've gotten better. not to 100% but I'm still working at it.

Hope you are doing well & getting better as time goes by.

Take care.

PS...Yes, it was too bad about the Spartans losing the championship game,,,,,but it was a heckuva run for them. I was fortunate enough to see them play 4 times in person during the season, which was pretty neat.