Mid back pain anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Nov 26, 2002.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

hello to everyone!Yet another question regarding mid back pain.I get this every so often(right now...its been about 5 days)and when it acts up it sometimes will last a few weeks at a time.I have no shortness of breath or no cold symptoms,which would make me think its not my lungs?Its like a bruised inside my mid back,from the shoulder blades on dowm to just below my bra strap.is this a FM symptom too?Anyboby else?and do you know of any relief for this?thanks all~And happy Thanksgiving!!(I know its a bit early but I may not get on the puter tomorrow)
    Love,
    Tracey
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

hello to everyone!Yet another question regarding mid back pain.I get this every so often(right now...its been about 5 days)and when it acts up it sometimes will last a few weeks at a time.I have no shortness of breath or no cold symptoms,which would make me think its not my lungs?Its like a bruised inside my mid back,from the shoulder blades on dowm to just below my bra strap.is this a FM symptom too?Anyboby else?and do you know of any relief for this?thanks all~And happy Thanksgiving!!(I know its a bit early but I may not get on the puter tomorrow)
    Love,
    Tracey
  3. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Yep, I get it. It comes and goes, right -- like a deep bruise in your thoracic spine, like somebody just whacked you with a shovel below the shoulder blades, dead center. I don't know if it's a Fibro symptom or not, but I've been dx'd with Fibro and I sure get it! I wouldn't worry too much about lungs etc -- if your lungs were that painful, you'd scarcely be drawing breath!! I've found in the past that massage and heat and chiro can help. Now, I just wait it out. Seems like whenever we get new symptoms, then they're immediately regarded as Fibro symptom, cos nobody has an explanation for the damn illness. I think it's probably a transient muscle problem in the large spinal muscles. I don't think you have to worry.
    Best,
    Marcus
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

I get this too - I ended up in the ER the pain was so bad, and like you, feared it may be my lungs. Turned out to be nothing but your typical fibro pain. I usually get the painful/bruised-like mid back pain for a few weeks at a time. Hope this helps.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

2 girls
  5. susabar

susabar New Member

I have a burning pain across my back between my shoulder blades alot
  6. Cindi

Cindi New Member

upper back pain,and pain between my shoulder blades. I have this ALL the time, and it's a severe burning pain!! I also have lower back pain with spasms that just started 2 1/2 months ago :eek:( Mine is DEFINATELY Fibro. Besides my pain meds, I alternate between moist heat and ice. Lately the heat seems to be helping more. Of course a good massage works wonders, too!! I try to get one from my hubby whenever possible!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, tracey. Wishing you a pain-free day!!

Hugs-
    Cindi
  7. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Yep, I get that too. Matter of fact, I am going to phsycial therapy for that kind of pain and lower back pain. Talk to your doctor about PT. It seems to be helping me.
    hugs
    Duff
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Don't skip out so quick!LOL Very glad to have a Chiro's opinion~ I have gone to PT several times for my FM in geveral,over the years.And yes I guess I have bad posture,so I've been told. I also have scoliosis(in a C shape-not your typical S)I wonder if that has alot to do with my mid back pain?What do you think?And although its mostly mid,it does radiates towards the left side~Its a real nagging ache,and its acting up even more so this evening!Blah! I will be getting out my handy heating pad in minutes.Hopefully that with a Darvecet and I can rest~
    Thanks to everyone here for answering this post!Its so reassuring to know that others with FM have it too,I was beginning to wonder if it were something more serious.(I still have my doubts lol)With all these odd aches &pains it makes your brain work overtime with worry!I hate this FM crap! Happy Thanksgiving all!!
    love,
    Tracey
  9. sybil

sybil New Member

as well as FMS/CFS.
    i would recommend anyone with back pain have Xrays,just to make sure you don't have arthritis.
    if you have osteo in the spine,the pain can radiate out into the rib area too.
    pain in between shoulder blades is down to FMS,so my rhuemy told me,

sybilxxx
  10. cls

cls New Member

I've had it too. PT and chiro helped but it still flares up at times. it does hurt