MID-BACK PAIN - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ladyfingers, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Ladyfingers

Ladyfingers New Member

I have a deep, aching pain mid-back to the left of my spine. Sometimes, it even feels like it radiates into the ribs and chest. I remember having this same symptom during the summer, so I went and had chest xray and cardiac work-up (which were normal). It's not a sharp pain, but more of a deep ache. No shortness of breath or coughing... do most fibromites have this? I've had fibro for 8 yrs now, but it seems that this particular symptom has only begun within the last 7-8 months. Replies appreciated!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2005]
  2. Ladyfingers

Ladyfingers New Member

Thanks Patti,
    I have had fibro for about 8-9 years now, although I was officially diagnosed about 1.5 years ago (yes, it takes a long time). I appreciate your response... I've already been through the chest x-ray, cardiac work-up, and don't want to go through that again.
  3. Ladyfingers

Ladyfingers New Member

I thought that this was a fairly common fibro symptom... I was sorta surprised that no one else suffers with this.
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

but I've had mid back pain, but all over and I have found a lot to be related to my stomach problems of gastroparesis. Have had these weird problems since 1990 and yes, have been checked out for heart problems.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

one of the back-rib type pains I have...goes to the front and make you feel like it's a heart atttack or something. Hate it...also sometimes comes from my shoulder, to mid-back to front.

I wonder about people who say that FM is made up...how could so many of us make up the same pains and symptoms without ever knowing each other until this board? And, what about the ones who aren't here who have the same kind of pain?

Makes you wonder about the sceptics'mental condition!

(-:
    Sue
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm suffering a bout of that today~ well,...more like the last week or so.
    I never know if its Fibro related or something else.
    My doc. suspects its from FM but has'nt ran any tests otherwise. so I sure hope he's right!
    Its a nagging,burning mid back pain~ Its very hard to get comfy and I live on my heating pad.
    My mild pain meds dont help much.
    I've been getting these episodes for over a yr now.
    Your not alone :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

It depends if I overdo something. I've gone to a chiropractor for adjustments but what as helped me a lot has been the moist heat. I have a heating pad where you insert a moist cloth and lay on this. I know there is a warning not to lay on a heating pad but I've always done it. This works much better than the dry heat. It's just that you get all wet so you have to make sure you have a large towel laid down first under the heating pad and no blouse on either.

8. AnnG

AnnG New Member

because I am sitting here with horrible mid-back pain that came on suddenly after a happy and good day. I just took two Advil which won't do anything but at least I feel like I have tried!