Midodrine/neuro cardio syncapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hi everyone. It's late and I"m tired so I"m going to make this short.

I have been sick with neuro cardio for the past month and half pretty severe though i was diagnosed over 5 years ago by tilt table where my bp went to 0 and I totally lost conciousness. THe doc put me on high doses ofmidodrine and norpace. I think it is helping me tolerate standing better though at times it does not seem to help, last night I had a bad episode and I had to lay in the floor at the register at walmart which was extremely embarassing, and i felt like my head was going to explode. I'm not back to normal since starting this medicine but most of the time as I said, I can tolerate stnading better then before. Question here is, does anyone take this medicine and have you noticed it help..

Also, for those of you who have this aka OI, where are you from. I am wondering what percentage of people with these condition are from which parts of the globe. Just a question to throw out there...
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've had severe lightheadedness/NMH for years with this illness. I'm originally from NY. I've been afraid of Midodrine. I tend to look for more natural solutions. Higher salt intake seems to help me, but it's no cure and I still get lightheaded. This condition has destroyed my life. I never know when I'll have a severe bout of it. Once, I did get rid of it for about six months taking Celtic Grey Salt. But I couldn't keep it up because it makes my acid reflux worse. So I got it right back. I wish I could get rid of it for good.
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Sorry that you have to suffer so much with this. I know what you mean. I don't like taking medicine and tried going the salt route but became so ill that an ambulance had to come get me twice. I'm actually worse since I've been on the midodrine in a lot of ways though the dropping of my bp and pulse seem to not happen as often, i was on the floor a few nights ago so it's obviously not working on some ocassions. I feel aweful but I'm scared not to take the medicine.

Do you think that the source of your issues are ncs or that there are several things related and who knows the source?

OK, sorry for the many questions.. I have been out of the loop for quite some time due to trying to work.

4. LDF21

LDF21 New Member

Hi! I've been taking Midodrine since July, 2005. It really does work, my blood pressure has been more normal, but I've had to cut my dosage down to 1 pill a day in the am. I don't know what that will do, but I could no longer take the side effects of the medication. I would have chills all the time, my head would itch and my skin always felt like it was crawling. I'll see how it works since I cut down on my next visit to the doctor. It took me a while to get used to it, but I do think it's worth a try.